• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hello Dion Rankine

cambmike

I hope Dion returns. I like his positivity/energy and, despite needing to work on his end product, think he genuinely adds to our threat. All the better if we could somehow get him on a permanent basis!
I agree. Dion is exciting and GC was disappointed that he didn't see enough of the ball on Saturday. He may not deliver high crosses but his low drives causes chaos in the area and with players in the area opportunities for a tap in or an Aimson back heel

tom_ecfc

The sensitive content is flashing images rather than Dion doing something "naughty":View attachment 15384View attachment 15384
Thought it was the amount of step overs 🤣

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Rankine had a good final ball we wouldn't be able to get him.

Red Bill

I really like Dion and have ever since he came on in the PSF against Bath. He's a player who only wants to go forward and run at players. It's exciting and really panics defenders.
Maybe I'm just reading into it what I want to hear, but at the end of his interview when Craig asked him " has Gary spoken to you about your plans fro next year?" He said that "he hasnt spoken to me, but I'm sure he will"
Could this be a sign that Dion would be very much up for coming back, and feels Gary is likely to ask? He sounds like he genuinely likes it in Devon and really likes the club, so maybe?!!! Pretty please!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gary was saying after the Oxford game that once he had got Dion on he wished the team had pushed to the ball to him more.
That says to me that he would definitely be asking for Dion again if there is any possibility.
Due to Dion's injury there could be an argument from us that Dion missed out on some development opportunity this last season.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really like Dion and have ever since he came on in the PSF against Bath. He's a player who only wants to go forward and run at players. It's exciting and really panics defenders.
Maybe I'm just reading into it what I want to hear, but at the end of his interview when Craig asked him " has Gary spoken to you about your plans fro next year?" He said that "he hasnt spoken to me, but I'm sure he will"
Could this be a sign that Dion would be very much up for coming back, and feels Gary is likely to ask? He sounds like he genuinely likes it in Devon and really likes the club, so maybe?!!! Pretty please!
I don't see why we couldn't get Dion for another year... not sure where would be a more suitable place for him to go... Unlike a Stansfield who was ready to go up a league. On the other hand, I wouldn't read too much into these interviews, where players are slightly uncomfortable and on the spot.

Red Bill

I don't see why we couldn't get Dion for another year... not sure where would be a more suitable place for him to go... Unlike a Stansfield who was ready to go up a league. On the other hand, I wouldn't read too much into these interviews, where players are slightly uncomfortable and on the spot.
I don't see why we couldn't get him permanently. I think his chances if ever making Chelsea's first team are pretty remote, I don't feel right now that he's good enough for the championship, so really what can Chelsea expect to do with him next season? Another seasons loan to a league one club maybe, but they won't get much from that and he wont get anything he cant get here, so they maybe open to an offer, and if Dion is keen, who knows!

elginCity

Doesn’t EFL rules stipulate that a loan signing must be for only half a season or a full season, and no extensions ?

Maybe it’s a workaround to register a fresh year long loan deal with the same player, but offhand can’t think of any examples of a loan signing playing for more than one season.

manc grecian

I don't see why we couldn't get him permanently. I think his chances if ever making Chelsea's first team are pretty remote, I don't feel right now that he's good enough for the championship, so really what can Chelsea expect to do with him next season? Another seasons loan to a league one club maybe, but they won't get much from that and he wont get anything he cant get here, so they maybe open to an offer, and if Dion is keen, who knows!
I doubt he'd give up a years wages at Chelsea for an average league one salary. Chelsea would have to pay his contract up and I can't see them doing that.

andrew p long

Doesn’t EFL rules stipulate that a loan signing must be for only half a season or a full season, and no extensions ?

Maybe it’s a workaround to register a fresh year long loan deal with the same player, but offhand can’t think of any examples of a loan signing playing for more than one season.
Loans of the same player to the same club in successive seasons are definitely allowed. Examples of loanees playing during both of the last two seasons include Finn Azaz down the road at Argyle and Kieron Bowie for Northampton.