• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Held back long enough, time to have a say..

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
How much of it is to do with PC bullsh*t and influx of the middle classes into football?
I would say almost none of it is to do with it.

I just think there is a lack of imagination and in some respects the view from the BB is so bad that actually when the action is all down the other end it is hard to get excited.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
shove your f*cking drum up yer arse (sideways)

BarBar

We need a drum
That'll get the crowd singing.................'Whos the Winker with the drum!!'

grecian till i die

That'll get the crowd singing.................'Whos the Winker with the drum!!'
well anything for a bit of an atmosphere

elginCity

West Country reserve? No cladding on each side of the Bank?

I've also been disappointed with the quality of vocal support both at home and away this season, and said so.

The Cherries gave us a lesson t'other night on how to back your team at home, but to no avail.

arthur

How much of it is to do with PC bullsh*t and influx of the middle classes into football?
Nothing at all.

What always strikes me about the BB singers is how young they are. Consequently there's not a lot of wit or originality and the playlist is a bit limited. Hence not a lot of incentive for the non hardcore to join in, so they just get on with watching the game, chatting to their mates, and shouting in encouragement or frustration occasionally; in short behaving like most footie fans do. This generates the atmosphere that Cheggers describes, an atmosphere that only responds to what happens on the pitch, rather than having a dynamic of its own.

Away of course it's different - older people, more tightly grouped and probably more ****** as well which all helps

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Cherries gave us a lesson t'other night on how to back your team at home, but to no avail.
They were quite impressive.

The shots had a thread recently in a similar vein. East Bank being quiet. Maybe its a national problem, people want to be entertained, not provide the entertainment.

OmanGrecian

We need a drum
Or a Vuvuzela <wink>.

Drew Peacock

I think if someone other than the usual guys decided to start chants, and had a group of people round him that where always willing to join in, then that would work.

So many sets of fans would kill for a stand like the BB, so let's use it...

When were good, were very good. But this is usually linked to what Is happening on the pitch. People should sing no matter what.

Last edited:

grecian till i die

im still standing with this song thing we should have a song at every game with everyone singing lke anfield.leeds.stoke ect ect that would buzz the atmosphere and think it would work