• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Has Tis lost the dressing room ?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why is it a joke thread?

The issue is the players, not the fans nor the achievements of the club and Paul Tisdale.

You seem to equate the players to being the same as us, they are not. Whilst you and I would play for City for nothing, these boys are just paid employees with mo real affiliation with the club. The squad has changed massively over the last two seasons, and now that we are 2 leagues higher, those players ego's have got 2 sizes bigger.

It is a totally new problem for Tisdale to deal with. My question is in his choice of sergeant. Yems seemed to be the right sort of character for the job and when he left (or was he pushed?) maybe we needed someone with more experience and a higher profile than Tillson?
This is a joke thread because alot of people on it seem to be assuming that we will walk this league.... Also has tisdale lost the dressing room as the thread title would indicate that the thread is about Paul Tisdale...

Yes we have weaknesses every team has them...

I assume that you know all the players because we lost 4-0 all of a sudden means the players have big egos and dont care etr etr..

I stand by my comment because weve had a decent start to life in this lge and after one match where we got outplayed we get treated to people saying lots of sh*t... God its like 2 years ago it really is..

I personally think there are people who support Exeter who hate tisdale because hes a good manager coz it means it becomes harder to whinge about everything..

I duno tbh but it annoys the f*ck out of me that everytime we lost or dont play a match perfectly that we are treated to loads of bullsh*t threads

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why is it a joke thread?

The issue is the players, not the fans nor the achievements of the club and Paul Tisdale.

You seem to equate the players to being the same as us, they are not. Whilst you and I would play for City for nothing, these boys are just paid employees with mo real affiliation with the club. The squad has changed massively over the last two seasons, and now that we are 2 leagues higher, those players ego's have got 2 sizes bigger.

It is a totally new problem for Tisdale to deal with. My question is in his choice of sergeant. Yems seemed to be the right sort of character for the job and when he left (or was he pushed?) maybe we needed someone with more experience and a higher profile than Tillson?
Also the players are the same as us theyre Human and will make mistakes and sometimes lose games

IBA

Has ******** lost the plot?

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
He lost the plot the day we were promoted from the Conference. One of the better posters before then but now it seems as though Planet Earth is but a distant memory to him.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has ******** lost the plot?
Was a plot for ******** ever written?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Plenty of new blood came in comma trouble is it was all O positive which we already had loads of comma what we need is a pint or two of AB negative.
Sorry Poults, you've got that the wrong way round - we had the OH Negative on Saturday, it's the OB Positive we need for this coming one ... ;)

Last edited:

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone know if Tis has found the dressing room yet?They really should have told him they had started renovating the ground.

Sorry Poults, you've got that the wrong way round - we had the OH Negative on Saturday, it's the OB Positive we need for this coming one ... ;)
I thought we were a little aneamic on Saturday... ;)

Last edited:

flakey pasty

We're all Grecians and I very rarely dis anyone's opinions on these boards, but I have to say that this thread is pants.
******** - must do better!

Flackmeister

I don't think you can say Tis has "lost the dressing room" after one bad performance.

He did not achieve back to back promotions by luck. However, the whole point of having a forum is so that fans can discuss their thoughts on the team/tactics etc. So if someone is wrong just to question the manager, then what is the point in having forums?

On one point which has been mentioned, I don't know if Stewart has a clause in his contract that he must play, but I must say that all the evidence points to it. Tis has rotated the squad a lot so far this season, yet Stewart has started every league game, and to me he is past it and is not giving us anything, whereas other strikers have barely been used.

There is an argument that the more experienced players give the other players around them a lift. But striker is too important a position to have passengers. I would say that, with a winger getting crosses into the mix, we need an aerial threat such as Logan or Corr to start - and with Fleetwood or Stans there is a big man/quick man partnership waiting to be formed!

DROP STEWART.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stewart is better than Edwards and Russell. Our midfield looks lost without Russell which I think is a reflection on the rest really.

We can only play one of MS, AR or RE to give us enough mobility.