• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartlepool v Exeter FA Cup Replay Discussion Thread

Legohead

Banned
So Tuesday night at 7.45pm up in the North East we try to reach round 3 and set up an away tie with Oxford. Who is going? What side do we want to see put out? Thoughts on the game?

I'm going 3-1 to us with 78 Grecians.

exeter-loyal

Won't be easy up their. Can see it going to pens. Then hopefully we will win the shoot out.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Won't be easy up their. Can see it going to pens. Then hopefully we will win the shoot out.
I wonder if it does go to ET & we had a substitution left,Visser comes on ?

I fancy Ben Seymour or Matt Jay to get a start alongside Bowman.
I don’t expect MT to start with Bowman & Fisher.

CWH-NYC_

Think he might start with Visser.

Red Devon

Think MT will use the squad for this game....and wouldn’t be surprised to see three or four changes maybe Parkes for Moxey, Jake for Nigel, Lee Martin for Fisher, Jay for Law

Legohead

Banned
Is there anyone on here actually driving up from the SW to the game and going home after the game? Seriously?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor, MJ, Seymour and Parkes should start in place of Atangana, Law, Bowman, and Martin.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think MT will use the squad for this game....and wouldn’t be surprised to see three or four changes maybe Parkes for Moxey, Jake for Nigel, Lee Martin for Fisher, Jay for Law
They say never change a winning team but with games coming thick and fast I guess it is inevitable.
It will be difficult for MT because although the league must have priority a win means money in the bank.

Also Oxford have been on a good run but the tie is winnable and we could yet still hit the jackpot with an away tie against a top PL Club which could come close to giving our finances a similar boost to that which resulted from the tie with Manchester United in 2005.

Red Devon

They say never change a winning team but with games coming thick and fast I guess it is inevitable.
It will be difficult for MT because although the league must have priority a win means money in the bank.

Also Oxford have been on a good run but the tie is winnable and we could yet still hit the jackpot with an away tie against a top PL Club which could come close to giving our finances a similar boost to that which resulted from the tie with Manchester United in 2005.

SB - I think the squad has the depth to cope with two games in four days this season (hope anyway)...the thought did cross my mind the other night though of what would be the chances of another penalty shoot out with Oxford for a place in the fourth round.

grecIAN Harris

Taylor will start. Seymour should start with Fisher. Parkes needs to be in to give Deano a rest. Other options, Lee Martin for Randall Williams and Jay for Law.