• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartlepool, desperate or stupid

Mackster

I think there are lot of cliches that get used without being challenged in footy, and that's one of them.

So much depends on when you play teams, whether you, or your opponents have "the big mo" as a mate of mine calls it. :)

When we played Pools they looked like they would be putting a sustained promo bid in... now they can't buy a win.

Also, injuries, suspensions, changes of managers, points deductions, bad officiating calls etc etc all go towards my theory.. the league table doesn't "lie" in that it that the numbers are there in black and white at the end of the season, but it can certainly "mislead".

F7 reckons our record last year should show that were played a 45 season game, because the 0-3 d*cking away at Orient was a game played when everyone knew we didn't have much of a prayer of getting anything from that game.
I can't go along with that, sounds like an accountants view of how a football season should be played out. How boring would that be?

Lucky we didn't play Tranny a month ago.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hartlepool make a complaint about Steveange Borough. And a really odd one as well!

http://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/hartlepool_make_official_complaint_over_boro_warm_down_1_1132827

plain capers

Hartlepool make a complaint about Steveange Borough. And a really odd one as well!

http://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/hartlepool_make_official_complaint_over_boro_warm_down_1_1132827
link not working Hants, nor anything related to thecomet.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
link not working Hants, nor anything related to thecomet.
Seems their website is out of action. They've complained about the amount of time their substitutes were taking in warming down after the game. They even switched floodlights off to encourage them to go.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have sacked their manager today.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have sacked their manager today.
Strange move. They had been doing quite well this season, although maybe not so well lately.

Poultice

Strange move. They had been doing quite well this season, although maybe not so well lately.
Truly awful home form was the killer here I guess, summat like 2,000 ST holders not turning up on a regular basis.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Truly awful home form was the killer here I guess, summat like 2,000 ST holders not turning up on a regular basis.
Well at least the club already had their money...

If Pools get the appointment wrong, we could look forward to overtaking them...

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
I went to Hartlepool this season and stayed overnight there. In the Pub afterwards I was chatting to 2 lads who when it turned out, were actually ardent Middlesbrough fans and season ticket holders at the Riverside and had no alliegence to the Pools at all but at £100 for the season and Pools being home when the Boro were away it was too good for them to turn down.

Over the last couple of years myself and fellow City fans have become very good pals with some Pools fans and even they say they would rather the hangers on do one.

LammieLammieLammie

Strange one... what do they honestly think their aspirations are..