• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Lee

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Please use paragraphs. Can't be arsed to try and read this on my phone. Please.
I do not personally consider that to be a long post such that it needs several paragraphs. In fact I would say that post is the epitome of what a paragraph should be; three sentences spread over four lines. However, if it makes it easier to read for you then I shall break things down further.

iscalad

I do not personally consider that to be a long post such that it needs several paragraphs. In fact I would say that post is the epitome of what a paragraph should be; three sentences spread over four lines. However, if it makes it easier to read for you then I shall break things down further.
Now that is what I call a paragraph. Long posts without a break are very difficult to read on a phone.

Leads

Now that is what I call a paragraph. Long posts without a break are very difficult to read on a phone.
It may be what you call a paragraph, but that's not what a paragraph is.

Mods- is there any official guidance on this?

grecIAN Harris

Please use paragraphs. Can't be arsed to try and read this on my phone. Please.
It is a paragraph on anything other than a phone. Please use a tablet/laptop/PC.

iscalad

It may be what you call a paragraph, but that's not what a paragraph is.

Mods- is there any official guidance on this?
Sorry that this thread is off topic.
I meant that the sentence, sentences, were long enough and after that a new paragraph could be started.
It is a paragraph on anything other than a phone. Please use a tablet/laptop/PC.
I'm a bleddy pensioner......

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
When Lee and Cox signed their pro-contracts I would imagine that the main carrot we used was regular game-time considerably before they could expect to get that elsewhere. That would pose something of a dilemma in the sense that L1 survival must be the priority and therefore Lee cannot start for us unless we think he is ready to do so (which he may well be, I just don't know) but if opinions differ between GC and Lee as to whether he is ready to do so, then it may well cause unsolvable ructions. With both Yeovil and Torquay in the Conference South there must be a decent chance that one or the other would have him first choice next season (along with other localish options such as Bath, Weymouth etc) which could be a solution but is a season in the Conference South adequate to be ready for starting in L1 football the following season?
Absolutely won’t be going to the chipnickers. He’s trained with them a few times, and is very highly thought of, but they’ve two signed on and no space for him, according to a member of their coaching staff I spoke to.

andrew p long

When Lee and Cox signed their pro-contracts I would imagine that the main carrot we used was regular game-time considerably before they could expect to get that elsewhere. That would pose something of a dilemma in the sense that L1 survival must be the priority and therefore Lee cannot start for us unless we think he is ready to do so (which he may well be, I just don't know) but if opinions differ between GC and Lee as to whether he is ready to do so, then it may well cause unsolvable ructions. With both Yeovil and Torquay in the Conference South there must be a decent chance that one or the other would have him first choice next season (along with other localish options such as Bath, Weymouth etc) which could be a solution but is a season in the Conference South adequate to be ready for starting in L1 football the following season?
a couple of games for Yeovil helped Alfie Pond to a 500k move to a Premiership club...

Bridgy 81

If we’re getting the keeper from Villa in I assume Harry will be sent out on loan.
But, as far as I can see, looking at local NLS clubs, Truro, Torquay, Taunton, WsM and Yeovil have either signed new keepers or re-signed their existing ones.
I‘m not sure about Weymouth and Chippenham but if they’re also sorted then presumably we’ll need to look further afield geographically to fix Harry up (as I wouldn’t think they’d be much point him playing below NLS).

Majago

Gloucester City could be a decent loan move for him.

I don't think they've got an established first choice keeper as last season's number one left and so they've got Liam Armstrong (who was back up last season but has recently signed a new contract) and a youngster who they'll probably loan out again.

They've recently appointed Tim Flowers as manager so could be a good experience for a keeper to come in and learn from him.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
As we all know age saves goals

Blackman was *slightly* disappointing for me - he couldn't get down well and did weird side dives where he sort of hovered sideways and dropped - we definitely conceded goals a smaller, more agile keeper would have saved. Good goalie overall but not amazing.
Blackmans biggest attributes was his size and using it to dominate his box, and his ability with the ball at his feet. He rarely put a foot wrong when kicking/passing out from the back. In fact, I saw Woods make more errors with his feet in 1 game than I did Blackman all season.

Agree with some of the shot stopping though, wierdly slow/poor at times