• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

StudentGrecian

Really? Seems to me the players that he's knows from here that are at Rotherham and Bristol Rovers have done sweet FA under him at both clubs.
Whilst that might be true, I don’t think previous failures will impact Taylor’s thinking. He’ll be all over Kite and Hartridge because they are known quantities to him.

The Rovers squad is not made up of Taylor’s players, I’m sure he’ll be thinking he can get the best out of Jev next year. Whether it’s a good transfer policy we will find out, but I can see both Harry and Alex thriving under Taylor again.

They aren’t world beaters, both squad players at this level, but will give Taylor a foundation and it absolutely makes sense he will be interested given the massive overhaul they will be taking on this summer.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whilst that might be true, I don’t think previous failures will impact Taylor’s thinking. He’ll be all over Kite and Hartridge because they are known quantities to him.

The Rovers squad is not made up of Taylor’s players, I’m sure he’ll be thinking he can get the best out of Jev next year. Whether it’s a good transfer policy we will find out, but I can see both Harry and Alex thriving under Taylor again.

They aren’t world beaters, both squad players at this level, but will give Taylor a foundation and it absolutely makes sense he will be interested given the massive overhaul they will be taking on this summer.
I wouldn't be surprised if after them saying they want new challenges it means somewhere totally different to us and under a new manager, Not one they've played under.

Rovers with Hartridge according to my BRFC mate (appreciate this isn't new news)
I wonder if it was originally Rotherham this time last year when they didn’t want to sign new contracts?
Can’t blame MT for snapping those two up if they join Rovers. Swap deal we’ll have Jevani back 😀

Mid Devon Grecian

I wouldn't be surprised if after them saying they want new challenges it means somewhere totally different to us and under a new manager, Not one they've played under.
My thoughts exactly. Both have been with City from Academy days, much of that time with Taylor managing/mentoring, hardly a fresh challenge to slot back in with him an hour and a half up the road with another mid table L1 side!

Really? Seems to me the players that he's knows from here that are at Rotherham and Bristol Rovers have done sweet FA under him at both clubs.
Fair point

STURTZ

Wish them well but I'm far more excited by what is going on at City. I'd be a bit uninspired if we were signing Kite and Hartridge.
Great kids though, salt of the earth, two of our own, lovely boys, etc etc.

denzel

I guess it depends where Rovers want to be. I can't see Kite and Hartridge firing Rovers to the Championship, unless it's as part of a squad like Sparkes.

If they are happy to be bumbling along in mid table again then fair enough

Colesman Ballz

I guess it depends where Rovers want to be. I can't see Kite and Hartridge firing Rovers to the Championship, unless it's as part of a squad like Sparkes.

If they are happy to be bumbling along in mid table again then fair enough
Do you really think that Matt Taylor is the sort of manager who is "happy to be bumbling along in mid table" ? Quite clearly you were completely blind to his highly competitive nature as both a player and manager whilst with us ! :unsure:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you really think that Matt Taylor is the sort of manager who is "happy to be bumbling along in mid table" ? Quite clearly you were completely blind to his highly competitive nature as both a player and manager whilst with us ! :unsure:
Not so much about the manager as about the club and their willingness to invest. My understanding is Rovers have spent too much and are in a bit of trouble. Regardless of what Taylor wants, he may not be getting a promotion chasing budget next season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not so much about the manager as about the club and their willingness to invest. My understanding is Rovers have spent too much and are in a bit of trouble. Regardless of what Taylor wants, he may not be getting a promotion chasing budget next season.
seems that way
AlSaeed: Bristol Rovers co-owner says budget's 'reasonable' for 2024-25 - BBC Sport
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c296059x65jo