• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Halifax on the Brink!

shakey18

Register and show your support.

http://halifaxafc.proboards37.com

Last edited:

David Treharne

Whilst I admire the sentiments of Shakey, I'm afraid that it comes altogether too late for Halifax Town AFC. There are meetings today about what will happen next, but with the F.A. League meeting next week, and the certainty that whatever team exists will not be playing The Conference at any level next season it all seems too little too late. The Unibond is a possibility, but the FA need to be reassured about somewhere to play and financial viability to complete their fixtures - a big ask.
The Supporters Trust have been in touch with the F.A. and also Supporters Direct about setting up an FC of Halifax sort of Club, but the ideas are still very embryonic, and many of the people who could give financial support are embrolied in the rows that brought about the demise of Halifax Town.
A very sad mess indeed.

Last edited:
S

ST JAMES

for sods sake! i feel sorry for clubs going out of business it is not nice and nearly happening to us i sure we all would like to wish them good luck in the furture.

but even more **** annoying is the fact the mighty altrinham will stay up yet again even though they are sh*t and do not desvere to be in this league.the table dont lie!!!:mad:

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
It say on one of their threads about the local buisness community will need a lot of trust to get involved with the club again after having their fingers burnt, Sounds very familiar

David Treharne

even more **** annoying is the fact the mighty altrinham will stay up yet again even though they are sh*t and do not desvere to be in this league.the table dont lie!!!:mad:
A sentiment that even the Chairman of Altrincham seems to believe, if the report in today's NLP is to be believed. He seems to think that they could do with a couple of seasons in Conference North or South to gather themselves together and cut down on costs.
Bet he will not be asking the Conference NOT to save the Clubs position in Conference National though!

David Treharne

Geoff Ralph has posted a rather saddening view of the issues that surrounded the demise of Halifax Town on the Official Club website.
Whether or not his view of the issues is the correct one, I've no idea of knowing since I haven't spoken to him for three seasons. However it is worth pointing out the matters he mentions with regard to the Halifax Supporters Trust who appeared have been 'suckered' into contributing to the CVA in a way which ultimately proved futile.
It aslo seems to suggest that the all round losers are the 'real' supporters of Halifax Town

Max Payne 2

It's not just poor old Halifax. Luton town are the latest club to be starting on -15 points next season, in League 2. All the more reason to get promoted on Sunday - be 15 points off the bottom before a ball is kicked.

ecfc2000

It's not just poor old Halifax. Luton town are the latest club to be starting on -15 points next season, in League 2. All the more reason to get promoted on Sunday - be 15 points off the bottom before a ball is kicked.
Very true Max, it'll be a great boost to the club and players before the season gets underway.

Lightbucket

They may be saved after all, but down in the Unibond League 1 north (whatever that is).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/halifax_town/7399940.stm

Best wishes & good luck to them!

Max Payne 2

Rumours abound that Halifax have gone into Liquidation and will have to start all over again.