• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ground redevelopment?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
This would make some sense, as if the new stand is going on the same footprint it would leave a pretty big gap to the touch line.

Andy Holloway

I have it on 'good authority' that 'pre-contractor' work has begun in relation to the new changing rooms etc!

Watch this space.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have it on 'good authority' that 'pre-contractor' work has begun in relation to the new changing rooms etc!

Watch this space.
Andy, the last time I was in there, there seemed to be live electric cables crossing the floors. Is this the pre-contractor work that needs re-routing before diggers arrive?

Last edited:

AndrewP

I'm not involved in the redevelopment side of things but my understanding from discussion at the Gates Committee is that the pitch will be moved a little way back towards the other side and new dugouts (with Perspex backs to reduce restricted view problems) created on the halfway line on the Main Stand side, with a walkway behind these. The old dugouts will be removed to allow this.

Pete M may be able to elucidate.
Thanks John, I hope it looks better than it sounds.....Dugouts should be an intergral part of a stand, else it looks very non-league!.
PS. I assume they have factored in a leaning post for Paul Tisdale ?.

Andy Holloway

Andy, the last time I was in there, there seemed to be live electric cables crossing the floors. Is this the pre-contractor work that needs re-routing before diggers arrive?
Adrian,

It might have been so when YOU last looked, but certainly in the last 4 or 5 years it's been the storage area for the Ground Staff and all their related equipment. It also housed their 'Portcabin' rest room/ Clive's office.
All the electrics were 'professionally' installed so doubt there were/are any 'live electric cables' crossing the floor now, but a good try at running anything positive down.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Adrian,

It might have been so when YOU last looked, but certainly in the last 4 or 5 years it's been the storage area for the Ground Staff and all their related equipment. It also housed their 'Portcabin' rest room/ Clive's office.
All the electrics were 'professionally' installed so doubt there were/are any 'live electric cables' crossing the floor now, but a good try at running anything positive down.
It was a genuine enquiry, particularly as I am currently looking at 6 photographs where there are cables and bundles of cables crossing the site. Presumably these have now been moved.
If I knew how to post the pictures on here I would do so. I also remember Snakebite actually posting some of these for me some time ago.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
It was a genuine enquiry, particularly as I am currently looking at 6 photographs where there are cables and bundles of cables crossing the site. Presumably these have now been moved.
If I knew how to post the pictures on here I would do so. I also remember Snakebite actually posting some of these for me some time ago.
But you have said yourself on a few occasions "you haven't been there for some years" Do you honestly think that any live cables would'nt have been dealt with in those years ?

It does seem from your posts although have some good intentions at times most of them are moaning about one thing or the other that you haver not been involved with, It can be at times a good thing to keep something in the limelight but tbh you are starting to sound like another poster and goalies ! and in the end no one will bother reading what you've put because you have already said it numerous times with no real evidence to back up any claims.

Last edited:

Colin B

But you have said yourself on a few occasions "you haven't been there for some years" Do you honestly think that any live cables would'nt have been dealt with in those years ?

It does seem from your posts although have some good intentions at times most of them are moaning about one thing or the other that you haver not been involved with, It can be at times a good thing to keep something in the limelight but tbh you are starting to sound like another poster and goalies ! and in the end no one will bother reading what you've put because you have already said it numerous times with no real evidence to back up any claims.
Please rightwing give up your complete and utter negativity, you are beginning to bore me completely, how come you are always right, but in your time on the Trust nothing you did or said has been taken any notice of ?, Please just go away you are boring and repeating your self again and again

PeteUSA

It does seem from your posts although have some good intentions at times most of them are moaning about one thing or the other that you have not been involved with, It can be at times a good thing to keep something in the limelight but tbh you are starting to sound like another poster and goalies ! and in the end no one will bother reading what you've put because you have already said it numerous times with no real evidence to back up any claims.
Who are you to speak on behalf of exeweb members with the "and in the end no one will bother" crap? Speak for yourself. I'm sure the majority find RW's input useful.

EDIT: Oh look! In no time at all, you've got a Colin B friend. I bet you feel all chuffed dont you?

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Who are you to decide what the majority find useful?