• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Greens v Gulls Jan 2nd.

jmgull

So what do we think.....?

Greens will have a much stronger side available than in the game a month or so ago, when we, in all honesty, cruised to victory....add to that home advantage and a little upsurge in recent form makes this one a lot closer to call.
We are still without our main man up top, Rene but have plenty of pace and guile in the side.....guess O'Kane might get singled out for a few hefty challenges early doors;)

Looking forward to a good old derby occasion.....

Cerbera

Heart says a win for us, head says it could go either way and hope for at least a point.

That any good to you?

If we beat Aldershot and you lose to Oxford, then I fancy we'll win. If we both win then a draw. If we lose, then either a draw or more likely a Torquay win. There, a bit more thought.

If Hemmings is up to his game he'll trouble their defence

jmgull

If Hemmings is up to his game he'll trouble their defence
We had him on loan last season.......he didn't do a lot for us tbh and was used mainly from the bench - but he always looked like he had a bit in his locker.

jmgull

Heart says a win for us, head says it could go either way and hope for at least a point.

That any good to you?

If we beat Aldershot and you lose to Oxford, then I fancy we'll win. If we both win then a draw. If we lose, then either a draw or more likely a Torquay win. There, a bit more thought.
I guess I'd take a point and win the tie on agg;)

I'm not sure current form is ever the best guide to local derbies.......it's who wins the midfield scrap and the right to play in games like this.

We had him on loan last season.......he didn't do a lot for us tbh and was used mainly from the bench - but he always looked like he had a bit in his locker.
Quite suprised at that, certainly done his bit here so far, O'kane seems a handful for you aswell hopefully you can hang on to him

Cerbera

Hemmings is a class apart. If we manage to hang on to him it will be fantastic.

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Gulls have whacked all the west country teams of late. The biggun's like Bristol Rovers, Swindon Town and Plymuff Argyle.....and the small ones like excretia. The only ones to escape so far are Brizzle Sh1ty.

I do not see this trend changing anytime soon, even though excretia will manage to jaxxily escape a tonkin' next season by getting relegated this season.

Southampton Gull

Hemmings is a class apart. If we manage to hang on to him it will be fantastic.
That is just a sign of how dire the rest of your squad is or was. He has ability, but "class"? Come on. He couldn't hold down a starting berth in our team last year and hasn't done anything since except a few bright moments for you guys. He still wouldn't get in our team but I'm sure we'll keep an eye on him ;)

It'll be a close game but I think we have enough to edge it even though derby games are always tough to call.

Cerbera

To be fair, in the second half at Bristol, we were a different team to the first half. Once we scored, we never looked back. The same happened when Northampton came to visit.
What I mean is, if we score first, it could be an upset (for you anyway ;))

Any of you Chipnickers going?