• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecian the Lion joins around the grounds charity event....

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
As most of you will know I am the main man behind Grecian the Lion.

On the 9th, 10th & 11th March, both myself as Grecian and my partner Kate will be joining Adam, his best friend and step-dad on the 80 hour long trek around England and Wales.

We are trying to drum up as much media interest as possible as well as trying to get donations from businesses to help cover the cost of petrol, food/drink and car insurance. If anyone is able to help us with these, please drop me a PM.

Adam and the gang up in Hereford have been working really hard. They have contacted all 92 League clubs and have had a number of items donated for auctions. The proceeds of any money collected will be split, the majority of which will be going to the Adam Stansfield Foundation, to keep up the great work they are doing, with a smaller share of the money raised going to Free Kicks Foundation, who are the charity supported by Peterborough United. Peterborough have helped Adam hugely with the planning of this event and so he felt it only right to give something back as without them it would have been a much more daunting task.

We are also looking for sponsorship from you guys. I know there have been a lot of events happening, but I urge you all to dig deep and to give us what ever you can, no matter how big or small. Please make any pledges on here and we can either collect the money from you after the event of supply you with bank details of where to make payment.

We would also like to see as many of you as possible down at SJP for our arrival on the Wednesday morning. The blogspot page will be kept updated
http://aroundthegroundsin80hours.blogspot.com/
Please check there for ETA on the morning, although we expect it to be around 10:30am.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, knows of anyone who may be able to help us, please do let us know.

Adam is looking for shirts so that we can indicate the number of each ground on our way around. If you have any shirts with a number on the back and you can let us borrow this for the trip, we would be most grateful.

Hope you can all help us in some way as we take on this mighty trek!!!

UTC

Sums

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done mate, good luck!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can borrow my Stanno shirt if you want Sums. Good luck with it, what an amazing adventure, you're all doing :)

good luck. looked at your route just out of interest. will be a great achievement. hope you dont get stuck in too much rush hour traffic at peak times in the planned places. looks like a tight schedule and time could be hard to claw back. i've only spent 5 mins thinking about it so you should probably be alright! fair play

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I have an Alex Russell number 4 shirt if that helps.

Would be good if someone could text during the journey so we can keep Exeweb up to date.

See you at Aldershot!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have an Alex Russell number 4 shirt if that helps
You're a brave man to admit that...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You're a brave man to admit that...
Class player in his career. Fantastic goal at Leeds.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
I have an Alex Russell number 4 shirt if that helps.

Would be good if someone could text during the journey so we can keep Exeweb up to date.

See you at Aldershot!
Paul,

Shirt would be ideal if thats okay. Are you down for the match on Saturday? If so, I can grab it from you then.

Would be great to see you at Aldershot as we head towards the end of our first day! Kate says bring us some sweets to keep us going!!!

We will also keep in touch via Exeweb on a regular basis, so you can all find out where we are

ecfc01

I don't really have much to donate City wise to be honest,

So Sumner are you the man inside that lion Costume?

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Read the OP and that should give you a clue.....;)