• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecian Goal for Pitch In 2010 - 11

mumbo

Last season 23 of us raised over £700, & had a bit of fun, by continuing Grecian Goal - a fantastic fundraiser organised by Dacre Holloway for our Club before his untimely death.

Our 23 pledgers promised to pay their chosen sum of money every time their personal pledges were achieved eg.
50p for every City goal
£1 every Rob Edwards appearance
£1 every different hat worn by Tis
£10 for a Bertie hat trick - we didn't collect on this one!

Please join us so we can continue to raise money for Pitch In, & ensure that Tis spends his budget on players not turf.

I keep track of pledges throughout the season, keeping you up to date on our progress & I will collect your pledge money in January & May 2011.

I need to know what you want to pledge
How much you want to pay per pledge
If your pledge is for League, Cup, Friendlies or all games.

Thanks for reading this far, UTC!
Elaine Davis [email protected]

mumbo

Thanks to those of you who contacted me as a result of my first post.

Grecian Goal 2010 has already raised money for Pitch In thanks to Nardiello, Norwood & Cureton on Thursday.

So, as the friendlies increase & we get closer to August 7th, please think about joining us.

UTC!
Elaine Davis
[email protected]

Last edited:

mumbo

Grecian Goal 2011 - 12

Last season 40 of us raised £2300 for Pitch In, & had a bit of fun, in our second season continuing Dacre Holloway's great fund raising idea.

Our 40 pledgers promised to pay their chosen sum of money every time their personal pledges were achieved.

For example - 50p for every City goal
£1 per game with no red/yellow cards for City
£1 each time Tis wore a cravat
£2 if our goalie wore a pink strip

The pledge/pledges & sum you choose to give per pledge are your choice entirely.
Your pledge can be for all games, home games only....you can tailor your pledge to suit your pocket.

I will keep a track of pledges throughout the season, keeping you up to date on our progress & I will collect
your pledge money in January & May 2012.

Money raised this season will fund improvements at SJP, I'm hoping for a modest project that we can adopt & I'm waiting for details from the Club - I'll ask all pledgers their opinion before we commit to anything.

So, I hope to welcome back last season's pledgers, & some of you yet to take the plunge.

Our first season we raised £700 & I was amazed, last season we raised £2300 - unbelievable, now I'm
getting greedy, can we get to £3000?

Contact me, Elaine Davis, on [email protected] with details of your pledges or for any more information.

Thank you for reading this far & Up the City!

mumbo

Grecian Goal Targets 2011 - 12

SJP Stadium manager Jon Underhill has suggested these projects for GGoal to fund this season:

1.Install PIRs = occupancy sensors, in the loos, office & conference areas around the ground, to cut down electricity use, green & cost cutting for £1500.

2.Install roof on waste compound + LED light with daylight & occupancy sensor - to enable recycling in winter months especially when dark& wet/cold for £600.

3.Install more double bins - already in front of BB - along Flybe & in Red Square, to recycle at source, clear sacks saves sorting times, for £1500.

I like them all as they're practical & achievable. We'll be improving SJP & saving money at the same time - shall we accept the challenge?
Let me know what you think.

Many thanks, Elaine.