• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecian Archive & ECFC Museum

WillsBarrett

Good afternoon, Exeweb.

Hope this is ok to post, as having enjoyed myself so much chatting to the good folk on here during the Trust election campaign, I thought I'd get back to the day job and create a thread to share any new content from the Grecian Archive and ECFC Museum for fellow fans to view and discuss.

Today I'll kick the thread off with one for the stats lovers (like me) as we've released the first in a series of statistical collections, beginning with our records in the FA Cup, including all games, H2H records, goals, scorers and more...

ECFC Stats Collection

UTC

Nigel E

Hi Will,

Just for my own amusement, I pulled together a spreadsheet to keep a record of our youth products (from 81/82 onwards) who have made it into our first team - and logged their league appearances season by season.

If you're interested you're welcome to a copy of it - a pdf version is attached. This site doesn't allow excel attachments (for good reason). Drop me your e-mail by message and I'll send it to you.

For anyone else looking, the second page of definitions is important - as it describes a few subjective decisions as to who to include/exclude etc.

Attachments

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi Will,

Just for my own amusement, I pulled together a spreadsheet to keep a record of our youth products (from 81/82 onwards) who have made it into our first team - and logged their league appearances season by season.

If you're interested you're welcome to a copy of it - a pdf version is attached. This site doesn't allow excel attachments (for good reason). Drop me your e-mail by message and I'll send it to you.

For anyone else looking, the second page of definitions is important - as it describes a few subjective decisions as to who to include/exclude etc.
Great list. Just have two queries, I am not sure that Jordan Tillson was ever actually attached to our youth scheme, rather signed as a pro. Someone might have more definite information.

Secondly Carl Harris was an experienced winger who was much maligned (might have been exe rated by a certain fanzine) rather than a youth product.

Brings back quite a few memories though.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good afternoon, Exeweb.

Hope this is ok to post, as having enjoyed myself so much chatting to the good folk on here during the Trust election campaign, I thought I'd get back to the day job and create a thread to share any new content from the Grecian Archive and ECFC Museum for fellow fans to view and discuss.

Today I'll kick the thread off with one for the stats lovers (like me) as we've released the first in a series of statistical collections, beginning with our records in the FA Cup, including all games, H2H records, goals, scorers and more...

ECFC Stats Collection

UTC
Really good work this excellent set of Stats well done to all involved in pulling this together brought back some memories of away ties I attended back in the late 70's and 80's - the magic of the cup lives on - lets hope this years record shows us getting beyond round 1

Nigel E

Ah right, the so-called "bible" may have misled me on Carl Harris. Listed as "YTS" in there - possibly a confusion with James Harris. Will have a look at Tillson's record.

Oldsmobile-88

Ah right, the so-called "bible" may have misled me on Carl Harris. Listed as "YTS" in there - possibly a confusion with James Harris.
Carl Harris had a decent career at Leeds,TC signed him midway through his 1st season at SJP.
Jamie Harris made his debut the season before iirc,he would have played in the same youth team as Richard Massey & Mark Robson.

Nigel E

Carl Harris had a decent career at Leeds,TC signed him midway through his 1st season at SJP.
Jamie Harris made his debut the season before iirc,he would have played in the same youth team as Richard Massey & Mark Robson.
Thanks for clarifying that - is a bit of a blank period for me as I moved to London that season and pretty much missed the D4 championship season too.

Have updated attached without Carl Harris.

I still think going by my rules Tillson "counts" - joined us in 2012 and went on loan to Gloucester. His league debut was in the last game of the 2013/14 season.

Attachments

Oldsmobile-88

Thanks for clarifying that - is a bit of a blank period for me as I moved to London that season and pretty much missed the D4 championship season too.

I still think going by my rules Tillson "counts" - joined us in 2012 and went on loan to Gloucester. His league debut was in the last game of the 2013/14 season.
A few names there that got the brain cells trying to remember...Symon Burgher who was offered a new contract after playing well when he broke into a mediocre 1984/85 team turned it down because of his religious belief(Seventh Day Adventist)

The Grecians held onto his registration for many years in case he had a change of heart & stop him playing for anyone else with out a transfer fee.

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Thanks for this. It's fascinating to look at and I wonder how many more names will be added in the next few seasons. As always a few minor points of pedantry

tom_ecfc

The ECFC museum Facebook page has just reached 1,250 members. It’s a great page to share content and memories. Link below to anyone who wishes to view/join.