• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Great West Run and doing it for Stanno

Littlebreeder

Apologies if this is really cheeky, but myself (Jane) & Mark Hooper are taking part in the Great West Run as part of "Team Stanno".

We are collecting sponsorship for the Foundation from family, friends and work colleagues and have also set up a Just Giving page for anybody living further afield. So if anyone who knows us would like to sponsor us, our page is www.justgiving.com/JaneandMarkrunforstanno all proceeds will be going to Cancer Research.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can.

Jane

Thames Valley Red

Am also running for Stanno and will ask for pledges on a separate thread with two weeks to go - its 4.5 weeks now I think. have just taken 10 days off from training. Started in Dec/Jan and it takes a lot of training. I had man flu and my 40th birthday party!

Did 10 miles cycling watching England on the television and then followed that by 5.5 miles running last night. Rest day today and then another 8 miles on Friday. Rest day Saturday and then a small run Sunday. General fitness is good, but due to the break need to get the miles up a bit.

Keep supporting the runners!

UTC

TVR

ececfecfcok

Great! Sounds like there are a few of us running for Stanno. Does anyone know the story about the running shirts? I'd like to get one for my other half and me but am not heading down to Devon until the Arg*le game. How did you get yours from, Brinty IFA? Where from? Sure I could get someone to go to the club shop for me, but getting someone to post a couple would be ideal....!

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere. I've tried searching to no avail.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great! Sounds like there are a few of us running for Stanno. Does anyone know the story about the running shirts? I'd like to get one for my other half and me but am not heading down to Devon until the Arg*le game. How did you get yours from, Brinty IFA? Where from? Sure I could get someone to go to the club shop for me, but getting someone to post a couple would be ideal....!

I would suggest sending a pm to Andrea (known as Adam's Sister on here) and request one. I picked mine up today and they look bloody great :D

Littlebreeder

I sent a message through the Foundation website, got a reply today asking for size requirements, payment and a return address to be sent through to the Foundation and they will post me two out.

ececfecfcok

I sent a message through the Foundation website, got a reply today asking for size requirements, payment and a return address to be sent through to the Foundation and they will post me two out.
Many thanks! I'll try that.

Adams sister

Thank you all again:)..not long to go now and I am strangely excited. Just to highlight about the GWR tees again as I am getting a few more requests now, especially since red & white Zider started modelling his ;-)!!

The tees can be viewed on either our foundation or facebook pages and then you can either PM me on here or through the foundation 'contact us'. They are £10 per tee and they can either be collected at your nearest Tony pryce store, leaving payment for my attention on collection, I work at the Tiverton branch, so am using the internal delivery system to save us all some money, or you can send payment, including an extra £1.50 per tee to cover postage, with your delivery details to our foundation address and I will post to you. Whatever is easiest for you is no hassle to me.
Thank you again so much and when you get the car beeps as you are running along with the foundation logo on display it really does give you that extra little spring in your step. Hope to catch you all on the day :)
Andrea xx

Thames Valley Red

Can I pick one up on the day please.

I will pay........I am a large.........no jokes people that know me but I am!!!

I did 8 miles Friday and 4 miles yesterday, soon onto 10 miles.

UTC

TVR

Adams sister

Can I pick one up on the day please.

I will pay........I am a large.........no jokes people that know me but I am!!!

I did 8 miles Friday and 4 miles yesterday, soon onto 10 miles.

UTC

TVR
That will be fine. My Mum and Shaun will be milling around on the day so could probably take a fair few along on the day for anyone who needs one. Might be alot easier for some people actually, just let me know in advance so i have enough and the correct sizes, styles etc x

Thames Valley Red

Thanks for the update - a large for me please.

As for the training, I ran only 3.5 Miles On Monday (which is very poor for me) as I felt unwell and the 8 miles Friday was in my legs. Took a rest day and then did 14.5 miles on the bike. Probably 5 miles on the bike tonight and then a rest for a 8-10 miler on Saturday.

UTC

TVR