• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Great West Run and doing it for Stanno

Thames Valley Red

Yes I am running and I encourage others to do so. The atmosphere is great..partly why I am doing it again. But I do advise, as a very unfit novice last year, do not run unless you prepare properly. That means 12 weeks of running preparation and the correct shoes etc.

I started my training on the 28th December for this years race!

UTC

TVR

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im doing it. Have been running now since the end of September doing about 12 miles a week at the mo but must start doing some hill running

Cravat 2

I'd echo what TVR says - make sure you have the right kit and proper preparation will mean you enjoy it lots more.

The GWR is a tough half as it's up and down up and down!

http://www.bupa.co.uk/running/training/training-programmes/

Bupa do some great training prgrammes. Worth a look!

Adams sister

Thank you to everyone who is running for the foundation :). We have quite a large family contingent running it also so feeling every mile with you guys, can't really complain at 13.1 miles after Paul and Nicks run from SJP to Huish Park. I have got some 'Team Stanno' reflective writing which I can heat press to any garment if any of you want to be safe whilst training and also raise awareness of the foundation. Just pop into Tony Pryce Sports in Tiverton and can sort for you. Thank you again so much and hope to catch up with you all on the day. xx

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unashamedly bumped to the top!

ORy

My son is a decent runner and we've been talking about participating in events SW in England, to make a trip out of it. Could anyone please post information as to when and where, if there are more than one distance (as his father won't last half a marathon !) etc ? Website, anyone ?

If possible, we'll come over and join in. To quite some extent this depends on when the run happens. And, we'll do what we can for the foundation.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
90% sure that I'll be doing the GWR again this year - will definitely be doing it for the Stanno Foundation if I do.

Aim is to beat last year's 1 hr 48 m and eat even more jellybabies on my way round than I did last time....

Adams sister

My son is a decent runner and we've been talking about participating in events SW in England, to make a trip out of it. Could anyone please post information as to when and where, if there are more than one distance (as his father won't last half a marathon !) etc ? Website, anyone ? If possible, we'll come over and join in. To quite some extent this depends on when the run happens. And, we'll do what we can for the foundation.
if you look on www.greatwestrun.co.uk you should be able to find all the info you need. It is on May 1st and there is a 13.1 mile and 5k fun run. x

Mr.Sparkle

Littlebreeder

I'd echo what TVR says - make sure you have the right kit and proper preparation will mean you enjoy it lots more.

The GWR is a tough half as it's up and down up and down!

http://www.bupa.co.uk/running/training/training-programmes/

Bupa do some great training prgrammes. Worth a look!
There are some good programmes too on www.taketothestreets.org. I used theirs for my first half marathon last September, and have been using it again for Great West Run and for general runs when not race training.