• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Great Grecian Co*k-ups?

motorservices

ok sept 1995 Orient at home 2 nil up at halftime and fooking inglethroupe scored twice and blake got sent off

Newyears day 1996 2 up away to the scum (Bradbury and Buckle) and we draw 2-2

oh and fooking newport last week

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not really a **** up as they were prem at the time, but Robert Fleck immediately equalising for Norwich after we took the lead in the 3rd round of the Cup in the Cooper days still haunts me

Rog H K

Anyone remember being 3 up home to Torquay on Boxing day in the mid 80s? Torquay brought it back to 3-3. We won 4-3 ......just!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cambridge the season we left the league - one up early, flacky misses from a yard and we go and lose 2 1...

manc grecian

Grays at home was a classic. Unexpected massive crowd turns up, go 1 down, equalise with 5 mins left and in the ensuing mayhem Grays go and get a winner.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Anyone remember being 3 up home to Torquay on Boxing day in the mid 80s? Torquay brought it back to 3-3. We won 4-3 ......just!
yep I remember that. ray pratt hattrick and if I remember it right torquays three goals were very close together.

mine was a comeback followed by a **** up. 4-1 down home to reading at half time. andy gosney(now he was properly dreadful ;)) great spell early in second half and goals from mickey ross and Ronnie Jepson pulled it back to four all in front of the bank before we went on to lose 6-4.

AlanDevlin

The appointment of Gerry Francis....

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll go with the whole of the 2002-03 season.
Just some highlights from the top of my head.

Pinky and Perky
Neil McCnob
Lee Sharpe, Don Goodman et al.
5000 players used during the season
That stupid Ajax kit
Being thrashed 0-4 at home by Darlington on a miserable Saturday in October.
Being thrashed 2-5 at home by Kidderminster (?) on a Tuesday and the ground emptying after about 70 minutes. The 5th Kiddy(?) goal got a huge cheer from those of us left in the ground.

whacker

mine was a comeback followed by a **** up. 4-1 down home to reading at half time. andy gosney(now he was properly dreadful ;)) great spell early in second half and goals from mickey ross and Ronnie Jepson pulled it back to four all in front of the bank before we went on to lose 6-4.
At 4-5 we had an attack ending with what should have been a simple tap in to make it 5-5, but Mickey Ross (I think) hit the post and they immediately go up the other end and make it 4-6! I still have the video of that game as well as the 6-4 victory over Fulham

Grecian2K

Snakey mentioning that season of doom reminds me of the other Kiddy game at Aggborough.

Right on the back of a home win against promo faves Hull we strolled to a 2-0 lead in the first 20 mins. Sharpe was controlling the game and we were looking like Real Madrid.

Then the ex-prem poser got his first taste of fourth division tackling! For the remaining 80 minutes he was totally anonymous and the whole team looked like Real Plonkers.

To me, that game alone signalled not just the 'end of the beginning' but also THE BEGINNING OF THE END!

Last edited: