• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GPS Fundraiser

Thames Valley Red

While I think the timing and approach is abit crass considering the pitch work being undertaken and the issues on money from the FACUP run, I don't see this advertised anyway on Exeweb. I will try an help Elaine Davis:

GPS FUNDRAISER

Can we raise £9000 to provide GPS kit for our players?

It seems a big ask , but we have recent history of successful fundraising,.....you donated £12,000 to Light up the Park for new flood lights only a couple of seasons ago.

If we focus on £300 per kit for each player the total seems more manageable.

Indeed we already have £1500 pledged, enough for 5 players so we're already well on our way.

Any supporters group, group of friends or an individual who sponsors a GPS kit will have their name recorded in the programme along with shirt sponsors, so give it some thought & watch this space for updates.

Our thanks to East Devon Grecians who are sponsoring 3 kits, to Pierce Sweeney's home kit sponsor who is adding a GPS kit to his sponsorship & to all of you who donated to the Trust Bucket collection, enough for one kit ......so only 25 more to go!!
Elaine Davis
[email protected]

PS Do we think this would be a good place for some of our Exiles funds – replies to me please [email protected]

Hope someone is interested.

Last edited:

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought it was announced on the official site that this money had already been allocated. Wasn't there a poll as to where money was spent.

Antony Moxey

Why do the players want GPS? Is it so they can successfully find their way from Bristol to Exeter each day?

Swanaldo

Ant, it's so they can find the feckin' goal.

Grecian2K

Ant, it's so they can find the feckin' goal.
Sadly, when the prototype was trialled at SJP the following message came back

SORRY: Location not found. Does not exist

Last edited:

paperclip

Can't speak for others, but I won't be contributing.

Now if it was a 'Get rid of Tisdale and Tagg' fundraiser however then I would be all over it.

PeteUSA

GPS FUNDRAISER

Can we raise £9000 to provide GPS kit for our players?

It seems a big ask , but we have recent history of successful fundraising,.....you donated £12,000 to Light up the Park for new flood lights only a couple of seasons ago.

If we focus on £300 per kit for each player the total seems more manageable.

Indeed we already have £1500 pledged, enough for 5 players so we're already well on our way.
Please dont misunderstand me, but is this GPS system wanted to provide our players with a driving direction navagational system like SatNav?

manc grecian

Saving of 600 quid to be made by not buying Woodman or Oakley one.

PeteUSA

Is it a SatNav thing that gives driving directions?

D__Lo__

Seriously in the scheme of things this is what club officials are worrying about? What planet do they live on?