• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gow gone

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
**** off Taggy, you're bleeding us dry...

It's a better use of the Sercombe song.

pedropete

I can't understand why you criticise Julian Tagg so much.
He worked full time for years for ECFC for nothing.
If it's correct that he is now being paid, then good luck to him, he deserves it!

Saint James

I think Rae has it right. After the failed putsch from the "slipperies" last year, what belief is there in that anyone can achieve change within the Trust as it stands now? I might change my mind if you can tell me what or whom is the biggest obstacle to change. The problem is no one knows how to bring about change against this deliberately bureaucratic organisation.
The answer is simple but whether there is enough desire from enough people is another matter? The Trust has only one source of raising revenue namely subs from members. If the tap is turned off by 25% of the membership transferring their money to another body the Trust has no alternative but to listen and then act on reducing costs in the club. Other Trusts in similar positions such as York lost ownership due to running out of cash. The inertia concerns me as survival as a Trust run club requires proactive action before it is too late. Do I feel there are 25% of members who would do this - no.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
The bloke has got greedy. Took a job he admitted 2 years later he wasn't up to it, creates his own positions within the club to keep his overinflated ego and wage. Pushed decent people out of the club. Thinks fans should be seen and not heard. We're in the 5h1t but rather than take a massive wage cut, or even better leave, we get rid of one of our best players.

What a proper chap he is. Take your head out the sand pedropete. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that things went downhill once tagg and chorlton were put in place at the top.

Tagg has other ventures about exeter and would rather beg to the pfa than take a massive paycut or put some money in.

Last edited:

scottus86

If it's correct that he is now being paid, then good luck to him, he deserves it!

Probably because we don't understand why there was a new job role made for him after he admitted he wasn't able to do the job we paid him for... and then our star player being forced to our relegation rivals when we could have made cuts elsewhere in a club. Taggs position is not needed by a club in financial difficulty our top scorer and most creative player was essential to keep hold of in a relegation scrap.

Phil B

Trust subscriptions end up mostly with the club so if you quit the trust that may hurt the club. However if you are not in the trust you have no influence. The way the trust is run can only be changed by the BOS and the membership gets its say at election time. No trust membership equals no vote equals no say.

Plenty on this board have views on how it could be done better but in reality what they mean is I want somebody else to do something. All I'm prepared to do is complain on a website but not get off my backside.

I look forward to a long list of highly qualified candidates for the next BOS election, but wait!!! I quit the trust so I have no say !!!!!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for that Julian.

denzil

Enter the youth revolution. Out with the old and in with the young. Wait until the summer and I reckon you'll see Coles and/or Baldwin, Oakley, Jon O, Parkin and Davies all go to be replaced with a lot of the youth team players coming through and maybe a couple of experienced players who are capable of playing in the same style as the kids.
I'm sorry as we'll be cashing in on youngsters, like Grimes, in the Summer. Our immediate future is YOUTH until the end of this season and then it'll be old boys being signed again. Building for the future ????????? Nah building for the financial future for the pigs snuffling at the trough.

This has made me question my feelings towards City. I've always liked certain players and admit to having a bit of a manlove for Dazza, Sean Devine and Alan Gow. (And Graeme Power! :$) I was gutted when these players left and it made me fall out of love with the club for a while. I don't think I care what happens to City as much now AG has been forced to leave. I was going to go today and still might but half of me wants us to get destroyed. I've always been a Tisdale supporter I guess as I like the continuity but this has really depressed me. It's like England binning off KP. All I see is a team of dull robots who provide virtually no entertainment value. I agree with many on here who know that savings could have been made elsewhere. I'm going off to cry now.

UTC.......... I think

David Treharne

I think you seriously need to amend that statement, particularly the second sentence. It does not accord with the stated facts in the Club Board minutes.