• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goodbye Sercombe

hatch4england

We'll need better than he is in midfield if we're to make progress up the table next year.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
A poor man`s Wayne Carlisle IMO.
His only strength was his ability to run at pace toward a defender which was then all too often negated by giving the ball away with an errant pass, terrible shot/cross or bottling a tackle with the defender.

Mackster

His only strength was his ability to run at pace toward a defender which was then all too often negated by giving the ball away with an errant pass, terrible shot/cross or bottling a tackle with the defender.
Harsh mate, a League 2 Stevie G without the leadership skills.

I only ever saw him away from home, and so probably see him a better light. Last player from our Conference days (not inc ginger prince), enjoyed watching him, although the sense of anticipation was rarely matched by the end product. His reputation was probably damaged by playing in some poor City sides this last few years, but strangely the dire League 1 relegation season was his best season for goals. In a better balanced side this season he has looked a better player, I last saw him have a great game at Luton.

200+ games should mean he leaves with our best wishes, so good luck Liam.

Last edited:

Number13

Didnt read the programme or all this thread but is he moving because he wants, Tis wants or they couldnt agree on a deal?

A Slacker

Didnt read the programme or all this thread but is he moving because he wants, Tis wants or they couldnt agree on a deal?
He wants a new challenge. Tis wanted him to stay.

grecian55

Love all this 'can't fault his effort'. On the pitch maybe but off the pitch he was always out getting smashed or found loitering in Ladbrokes. Maybe that scuppered his multi-million move to Chelsea. They ended up with Matic, gutted.
So what if he was loitering in Ladbrokes ,he can spend his free time doing as he pleases ? ,just like you when you are gazing at your Gary Johnson photo and dreaming ? ;)

Barum

Liam was a loyal servant to the club & always put a 'shift' in. Never really seemed like a 'Tis' type player to me. I, for one will miss him. Best of luck Liam.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Slightly odd comparison there, tavy, seeing as Carlisle was a winger.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
All the best to Liam wherever he goes. I have heard Millwall but we shall see.

Been a good servant to the club. He is very much one of our own.

grecian109

Great player and loyal ecfc

Certainly one footed and never quite has that final ball be it a cross or shot. Always puts in 100% though, acknowledges the fans and certainly has potential to play even higher.

Best of luck at Oxford Sercs :)