• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Good Saved Keeper

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best Big Kev
Bravest Woodman when he was at Brentford and came out to play us in Pink A full away end at Griffin Park all sang Who's the poof in the pink
Whaddya on abaht Phil.....surely bravery is playing in front of a full MILLWALL HOME END in similar attire.
Take a bow, Mr Marriott (wonder if the two "gestures" were connected though?)

Best Big Kev
Funnest Short fat Forest Green keeper for joining in the when when sang who ate all the pies to him
ahhhh, you mean the LEDGE that was "Reggie" Perrin. (Mind you Tony Roberts at the Daggers has a "similar cut to his gib"....
apparently, even last Tuesday "Retire"....."NEVERRRRR"!!!)
Sometimes I do actually (almost) miss those old Tinpot moments

LBDN

christ. what an opening paragraph and title.......

Poultice

Best, Bob Wilson, mentions for Fox and Bond, worst, Bittner or Rice, worst single mistakes, Marriott at Salisbury and Jonesy, perm any couple from quite a few.

Number13

Worst - Lee Smelt
Now GK coach at Charltons academy. Did my Level 2 GK Coaching course

axred

Now GK coach at Charltons academy. Did my Level 2 GK Coaching course
Joined Arsenal in july , my memory is vague but sure he let in five on his home debut in 1985ish , maybe someone else can recall

ecfc01

was avander huesden NAME IS SPELT WRONG PLEASE DONT DIG :) any good he was there when i started to get into city.

peter fox was the first goal keeper i remember

stumpynadge

The bravest....John Shaw. It couldn't have been much fun going to away grounds and get heckled for having a bald head, for 90+ minutes. How many times must he have been called Kojak, I wonder?

axred

Joined Arsenal in july , my memory is vague but sure he let in five on his home debut in 1985ish , maybe someone else can recall
Dug up a bit more info on lee smelt , he joined on loan from Cardiff in march 1985 and went on to make 13 appearances before dropping into non league football with Maidstone

wemissmoxey

was avander huesden NAME IS SPELT WRONG PLEASE DONT DIG :) any good he was there when i started to get into city.

peter fox was the first goal keeper i remember
Arjan was excellent, good shot stopper, decent under the high ball, calm and composed, very reliable keeper.

Foxy was ok however his kicking was sh*t, he used to build up one hell of a mound to place the ball on, does anyone else remember that ?

Last edited:

grecianfish

Arjan was excellent, good shot stopper, decent under the high ball, calm and composed, very reliable keeper.

Foxy was ok however his kicking was sh*t, he used to build up one hell of a mound to place the ball on, does anyone else remember that ?
Yeah I remember that mox. if only he got his weight behind it the ball might have gone further. however he was a quality keeper though!

totally agree with you on arjan as well. he was a great keeper and one of our best signings in a pretty bad time for the club