• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Good luck to Matt Grimes

flakey pasty

Little point of order incidentally - our struggle with Swansea for Div 3 survival was 12 years ago, not 11!
Anorak alert.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
must admit I havnt heard any mention of a sell on /add on clause but that's not to say there is not one as its only emerged the last couple of days that vittse arnham inserted a small sell on clause into the deal when they sold us bony so they will benefit from his sale to man city . planet swans forum is carnage most of the time Even worse after a defeat ' we got a lot of new fans through our success who were not there 11 years ago when we nearly dropped out of the league and are not happy with 30 points from half a season in the premier league 'crazy' that's why I find sensibility of the posts on hear refreshing
Even our supporters' expectations are sometimes quite unrealistic, no club is immune to that really. Nice post - thanks! I was thinking if nothing else maybe Matt Grimes could introduce punctuation to Wales! ;)

Well-known Exeweb poster
sorry guys not sure how to reply to u indivdualy if my memory serves me right I'm sure ure Gellar cast some bad luck spell on the
swans in the build up which really worried me' funny now looking back' I still have to pinch myself where we are now in such a short space of time I never thought I'd see it in my life time. in answer to your question about match day experience at lower league grounds' every time the f a cup draw is made swans fans cry out for league 1/2 opposition so we could go back to our roots and get some real atmosphere as prem grounds just don't have the passion
What was the result of the inquiry was it by fifa or was it by the e.u? on on unfair competition,, something about you getting a 20 mil ish bung from the local council, Success??? really,,,,,, we nearly got in the championship, set up our yoof system and got out of debt on the single mil from the man utd game,,,,, so with the best will in the world,,, trundle along

Swansea 1981

What was the result of the inquiry was it by fifa or was it by the e.u? on on unfair competition,, something about you getting a 20 mil ish bung from the local council, Success??? really,,,,,, we nearly got in the championship, set up our yoof system and got out of debt on the single mil from the man utd game,,,,, so with the best will in the world,,, trundle along
seriously don't know what your talking about mate

Well-known Exeweb poster

Swansea 1981

Very bad days for both clubs, but we've all moved on, with you chaps moving considerably further than us, and good luck to you, nice to see a proper club doing really well against all the champagne charlie prawn sandwich brigade, out of curiosity did you prefer the match day fan experience when you were lower down the chain ?.....I'm a bit weird, I actually like going away to the likes of Shrewsbury and Tranmere without all the prem bulls__t :)
talking about match day experiences don't get me wrong it's my wildest dreams and fantastic to be up with the big boys but for me the grounds have no atmosphere or soul also the fans have never had the real bad times like us and just take success for granted also all very corporate at games . you mention Shrewsbury now it's gay meadow and places like barnet Carlisle Grimsby and Rochdale is where I've had some of my best away days mixing with real fans. I think part of the l1/2 days was the buzz of actually chasing the dream . after spending 94 of our hundred years in the lower leagues it just feels like we are on a exotic holiday at the moment and will one day return to where we came from

Swansea 1981

by the sounds of it the enquiry is still ongoing but they won't find anything as the council built the liberty stadium and we rent it of them as do our local rugby team . I don't see that as a 20 mil bung to be honest

Well-known Exeweb poster
by the sounds of it the enquiry is still ongoing but they won't find anything as the council built the liberty stadium and we rent it of them as do our local rugby team . I don't see that as a 20 mil bung to be honest
coarse you dont,,, (clap)

Swansea 1981

coarse you dont,,, (clap)
if Exeter city council offered to build ecfc a new stadium which you could rent at reasonable rates would you turn them down. Swansea counsel also owned our previous ground the vetch field which we had a 100 year lease on. can't see the issue myself ?

Well-known Exeweb poster
if Exeter city council offered to build ecfc a new stadium which you could rent at reasonable rates would you turn them down. Swansea counsel also owned our previous ground the vetch field which we had a 100 year lease on. can't see the issue myself ?
As i said coarse you don't and that's why there's an inquiry, just something that never mentioned when the comparison between exeter and swansea.