• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Good luck to Matt Grimes

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
must admit I havnt heard any mention of a sell on /add on clause but that's not to say there is not one as its only emerged the last couple of days that vittse arnham inserted a small sell on clause into the deal when they sold us bony so they will benefit from his sale to man city . planet swans forum is carnage most of the time Even worse after a defeat ' we got a lot of new fans through our success who were not there 11 years ago when we nearly dropped out of the league and are not happy with 30 points from half a season in the premier league 'crazy' that's why I find sensibility of the posts on hear refreshing
Umm, best not to mention this on here.

motorservices

11 years ago when we nearly dropped out of the league
in a way it helped us get rid of the crooks at ECFC, in another way (at the time anyway) i was rooting for Hull

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Indeed it eventually did motorservices, but sadly not before they wreaked havoc on ECFC.

I remember those days well. I also remember JackArmy fans coming on this site when it was us, or them, for the drop. They knew we had a common link in Mr Lewis and, from what I saw, were empathetic, polite and didn't gloat at all when we eventually went down.

Swansea 1981

please accept my apologies in hindsight that should defiantly been worded differently. I will never forget the build up to that last game didn't sleep all week I bet you guys were the same ' bad days '

motorservices

please accept my apologies in hindsight that should defiantly been worded differently. I will never forget the build up to that last game didn't sleep all week I bet you guys were the same ' bad days '
I think the worst part of it for me (and it was 11 years ago and im getting old now lol) is our game kicked off 10-15 mins late, we knew you were winning, when Miller saved the pen it didnt feel right and when we Scored your game had already ended, we were already down, there were grown men in tears and my **** of an exwife asked why we were so upset (WTF)

it also helped show me how fast things change in football, funny how in 8 yrs from that date Hull and Swansea had both made the Prem, apart of me also thinks (esp looking back) that if Hull had won that day we would never have made the opening game of the 03-04 season

Avening Posse

Very bad days for both clubs, but we've all moved on, with you chaps moving considerably further than us, and good luck to you, nice to see a proper club doing really well against all the champagne charlie prawn sandwich brigade, out of curiosity did you prefer the match day fan experience when you were lower down the chain ?.....I'm a bit weird, I actually like going away to the likes of Shrewsbury and Tranmere without all the prem bulls__t :)

Swansea 1981

sorry guys not sure how to reply to u indivdualy if my memory serves me right I'm sure ure Gellar cast some bad luck spell on the swans in the build up which really worried me' funny now looking back' I still have to pinch myself where we are now in such a short space of time I never thought I'd see it in my life time. in answer to your question about match day experience at lower league grounds' every time the f a cup draw is made swans fans cry out for league 1/2 opposition so we could go back to our roots and get some real atmosphere as prem grounds just don't have the passion

andrew p long

sorry guys not sure how to reply to u indivdualy if my memory serves me right I'm sure ure Gellar cast some bad luck spell on the swans in the build up which really worried me' funny now looking back' I still have to pinch myself where we are now in such a short space of time I never thought I'd see it in my life time. in answer to your question about match day experience at lower league grounds' every time the f a cup draw is made swans fans cry out for league 1/2 opposition so we could go back to our roots and get some real atmosphere as prem grounds just don't have the passion
And for good luck on one game Geller planted some lucky crystals behind one of the goals. We lost 0-5.

motorservices

And for good luck on one game Geller planted some lucky crystals behind one of the goals. We lost 0-5.
it was 1-5, Chester at home, we were 1 up at the break looking awesome, rained cats and dogs at half time and they smashed us second half (funny i can remember the game and that reco scored from 15 yrs ago but cant remember what i did monday :( )

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
it was 1-5, Chester at home, we were 1 up at the break looking awesome, rained cats and dogs at half time and they smashed us second half (funny i can remember the game and that reco scored from 15 yrs ago but cant remember what i did monday :( )
I was there - apparently they forgot to move the crystals to the other goal at half time, hence the storm and Chester's five goals.

Little point of order incidentally - our struggle with Swansea for Div 3 survival was 12 years ago, not 11!