• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Good drummer needed for Saturday & beyond

ECFC Steve

I am really interesting in the "Ultra" scene and I think it could really make a huge difference to the atmosphere at the ground and around it.

Having a good drummer in place would be a great start!

Honestly having are own Ultra Group would make every game worthwhile for the fans who love a good atmosphere - have been watching groups from all around Europe on Youtube and they never fail to send a slight shiver down my spine due to the amount of noise they can make... now just imagine how the players would feel!

AndyB

I am really interesting in the "Ultra" scene and I think it could really make a huge difference to the atmosphere at the ground and around it.

Having a good drummer in place would be a great start!

Honestly having are own Ultra Group would make every game worthwhile for the fans who love a good atmosphere - have been watching groups from all around Europe on Youtube and they never fail to send a slight shiver down my spine due to the amount of noise they can make... now just imagine how the players would feel!
Join us in the centre of the Bank on Saturday Steve. We are just hoping to get things started on Saturday, and hopefully build from there.

ECFC Steve

Join us in the centre of the Bank on Saturday Steve. We are just hoping to get things started on Saturday, and hopefully build from there.
Sounds great! I will also try and drag the normal lot I attend with to the middle of the bank aswell.

AndyB

You want a tenor drum, not a snare.

I brought one along once from a local youth club. Wasn't well received by all but I'd be behind it!

P.S. I can't play.
Yes, I would have thought that we needed a drum that makes a deep sound (is that a tenor drum?), rather than one that you play with the thin drumsticks.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a woooooosh for Grecian1987 on that one I'm afraid.

It's a 14-16" floor tom or similar you want played with some sort of mallet, a timpani mallet would work fine. You could probably even use a 12-14" tom tbh. Nobody would notice and/or care.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
I f*cking HATE drums at football matches (and brass bands and majorettes!)

It's a crap idea

It will sound sh*t

it won't last............good!
Wish I could have put it better myself!

Cravat

I f*cking HATE drums at football matches (and brass bands and majorettes!)

It's a crap idea

It will sound sh*t

it won't last............good!
It can crap, that's for sure, but it can also be great!

When I went to see River Plate v Boca Juniors, the atmosphere was amazing. Both sets of supporters had drums - I counted 4 huge drums in the away end with the Boca Fans. The noise was superb and constant throughout the 90 minutes - the drums just helped to keep the chants in time.

There was one chant that both sets of fans joined in with - stand up if you hate the English! :D

At the end of the match, a huge line of Boca fans urinated off the edge of the top tier down onto the River fans below. Amazing scenes with the River fans running for cover. I guess that's not an option for us as we don't have tiered stands! ;)

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Still need a drummer - anyone?

1987 - who played that drum last time?

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still need a drummer - anyone?

1987 - who played that drum last time?

Ringo Starr?

heathy1

The Leicester City drummer Lee Jobber is pretty good, uses one of those huge drums on a platform, I wonder if I could get him in on loan as I went school with him