• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goings on down the A38....

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good news for Argyle over the weekend though. The consolation goal they scored in a 3-1 home defeat narrowed the goals scored gap on Reuben Reid.

Goals so far this season - Reuben Reid 7 Plymouth Argyle 6

Carry on in the same vein on Saturday ( score a consolation goal in a heavy defeat whilst Reuben doesn't make the score sheet) and they'll be level with him
Am I missing something ? I could have sworn their game at the weekend was a 0-0 bore draw at fellow strugglers Bury, and their MOM was that keeper whose name I won't mention, otherwise it would have been a fifth defeat in a row ! ;)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Didn't take too long to issue a statement !

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2017/september/club-statement/

Gotta wonder how many accounts have been set up in the last 24 hrs or multi accounts re-activated to shout the realists down ?

Still there are a few left that know what is going to happen.

Avening Posse

A bit messy. I don't know much about this, but like an earlier poster said, I understand the rink relates to the ability to redevelop the pavilions, and I don't think most Argyle fans have a problem with that as long as they get the refurbished stand. The issue appears to be what happens beyond the rink and the stand, and some down there appear to believe that Brent should not develop other things in tandem. Maybe Brent will not make enough from the pavilions to pay for the rink so needs the other stuff to make an acceptable return, or maybe he is making the correct profit on the pavilions and just wants to make some more !!. And on land he owns anyway. He clearly has lumped the other stuff into the same application as the stand and the rink as he is gambling on it having a stronger chance of achieving a planning consent (as opposed to a non-compliant stand alone application) and who can blame him ?. Certainly has put the cat amongst the pigeons down there :). Pasoti seems pretty divided on the issue and I guess that is probably the most representative forum for their support ?

Spoonz Red E

It's always been messy.

The prelude was a Club on the ropes, a proven supportive City Council, a freehold, development potential and a nascent Trust.

Chapter one had ex Truro City Kevin Heaney and a 'secret consortium' as preferred bidder who played the distractive role beautifully. Peter Ridsdale with his risible excuse of a 'walking holiday' in the area installed himself and coincidentally had previous with the administrator Brendan Guilfoyle when oop North. A non elected Trust Chairman who killed any chance of Trust influence stone dead and channeled the fears of the supporters into backing Brent's bid before immediately standing down with the Trust effectively levered out of the process. Brent was the 'reluctant bidder' who had all his ducks in a row when Heaney and his band of ghosts inevitably crashed out of the bidding.

At face value that series of events doesn't make Brent the devil but it belies the '24 hours to find our saviour' narrative which was peddled at the time.

IndoMike

I don't give a poo.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
"Again I stress, it's not the AFT that some have a problem with it's the 'controllers' behind the AFT."

"Us fans need an active fans trust, what we don't want is a bunch of politically motivated agenda driven agitators that want to make a name for themselves."

Gets funnier.

andrew p long

Am I missing something ? I could have sworn their game at the weekend was a 0-0 bore draw at fellow strugglers Bury, and their MOM was that keeper whose name I won't mention, otherwise it would have been a fifth defeat in a row ! ;)
erm..you're quite right.Somehow the exciting events of their weekend game escaped me:eek:. Still an interesting battle for them to catch up Reuben's goal tally this season!

tavyred

I managed to get myself banned from PASOTI a couple of weeks back for floating the idea that Brent's primary motivation for owning PAFC was that it acted as a useful enabler for his other business interests. Something very 'North Korea' about the peope who surround the 'Great Leader' and want to push his agenda.

Boyo

I managed to get myself banned from PASOTI a couple of weeks back for floating the idea that Brent's primary motivation for owning PAFC was that it acted as a useful enabler for his other business interests. Something very 'North Korea' about the peope who surround the 'Great Leader' and want to push his agenda.
There's a long list of people who have been banned from Pasoti for daring to have an alternative view.

Brent lumped together the planning application for the stand and his private dealings, knowing that loads of gormless argyle fans would back it. If he'd have done them separately he would have got loads of support for the stand, but none for his restaurants and retail plans. Guess which one he's REALLY cares about? It's not the stand.

dontpassback

There's a long list of people who have been banned from Pasoti for daring to have an alternative view.

Brent lumped together the planning application for the stand and his private dealings, knowing that loads of gormless argyle fans would back it. If he'd have done them separately he would have got loads of support for the stand, but none for his restaurants and retail plans. Guess which one he's REALLY cares about? It's not the stand.
Nail on head !