• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal Music?

GJW

If they want to play music, then a laptop should be used rather than a CD player, as mp3's won't skip or anything like that.

Anyway, back on topic, the goal music. I bloody hate it, it really gets on my nerves big time! Who the hell authorises it? When we score, I want to hear the roar of the crowd, not some crappy track playing loudly in the background for all to hear. :mad:
They didn't play it for the first goal and played it slightly delayed for the second. It is the most pointless waste of time and is so embarassing.

I also would like to know the name of the person who thinks this is such a good idea and ask them why (specifically) they want to drown out the fans celebrations. I pay good money to celebrate goals in the traditional way and not be drowned out by some crap which is the personal choice of one or two people (and to their liking only). They must live on a different planet.

Failed to drown out the BB today so they can do one of two things; give it up now or turn it up even louder and really **** people off, otherwise just what is the point.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Can we use some of the George Friend money to buy a new CD? Who the hell puts this CD on, forgetting every week that it is stuck in loads of places? The same person then locks the room with the CD player in and swallows the key because the skipping music is never switched off. I'd rather we played white noise than a track that skips all the time. Tinpot!

And I think it is time to lose Chelsea Dagger now, yes it was good at Wembley and served a purpose but almost every club in England uses it now, Arg*le were using it well over a year ago. Again, I'd rather have white noise than an unimaginative, repetitive, overused song that I dont actually like anyway and reminds me of the team in green scoring goals

Last edited:

Daughter of I_M

I couldn't believe it today when Chelsea Dagger started and did exactly what it always does. Surley you'd have thought whoever does the music would have a little common sense and buy a new cd! It's not difficult. And when it starts skipping why embarrass us even more by leaving it to play out skipping constantly and also way too loudly. It doesn't need to be so loud. We can hear it!

The goal music is totally pointless, when we score we want to hear the crowd not some crappy song. Let the fans voice be the goal music.

And as for losing Chelsea Dagger, hmmm not sure. I did see a few people dancing when it actually played right for a few seconds (not mentioning any names... Lou!) I think it's a great song it just needs to play right and a little quieter.

Rant over :)

Grecian_Harryj

I don't think that they should play music when we score although if they get the little tannoy thing up and running properly then, i do think we should still have it when the players come out

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought at first it was some sort of Chelsea Dagger remix. It didn't take long to realise that i was unfortunately wrong. It does indeed make us look a little tinpot.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
They didn't play it for the first goal and played it slightly delayed for the second. It is the most pointless waste of time and is so embarassing.

I also would like to know the name of the person who thinks this is such a good idea and ask them why (specifically) they want to drown out the fans celebrations. I pay good money to celebrate goals in the traditional way and not be drowned out by some crap which is the personal choice of one or two people (and to their liking only). They must live on a different planet.
Unfortunately Gary, they did play it for the first goal and I could hear it loud and clear from where I was seated. And to make things even more tinpot for the second goal, part of the Eden Vauxhall ad came on!

I would also like to know who it is that authorises the goal music and why they want to drown out the noise of the fans - just because a select few people like it doesn't mean everyone should have to put up with it as clearly the majority are not keen on goal music.

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
Also, chelsea dagger is such a sh*t song to run out to.

MikeB

First and foremost surely the vast majority of us go to a football match. We want to see football. Sod the music and drums. What next, concert orchestra?

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
First and foremost surely the vast majority of us go to a football match. We want to see football. Sod the music and drums. What next, concert orchestra?
Abso-fecking-lutely.

What div comes up with this nonsense ?

Name and shame is what I say !

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The f'king Americans!!! And 'cause they're doing everybody else thinks it must be a good idea and tails along.

Last edited: