• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Germany 2 England 3

oxford don

Claudia Schiffer, Hans Zimmer, Jürgen Klopp, Bernhard Langer, Sebastian Vettel, Pope Benedict XVI, Jürgen Prochnow, Angela Merkel ……..Angel Merkel……….Your Boys took one hell of a beating…!! (rofl)

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Great result , England have a decent chance at the euros

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great result , England have a decent chance at the euros
We do if Rooney doesn't get in the way and spoil the party

CREDYGRECIAN

I don't understand all the negative attitudes towards Rooney - he's a class player and our highest ever scorer & skipper

He's nailed on to start - even if Roy says he's not

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where would you play him then if Hodgson sticks with his preferred 4-3-3?

Antony Moxey

Up front with two others.

I'm with Creds here and don't understand the negativity towards Rooney. You don't stumble your way to be your country's record goal scorer and it's no fluke that he earns what he does for arguably the biggest and most famous club on the planet. Rooney must and will go to the Euros.

oxford don

Up front with two others.

I'm with Creds here and don't understand the negativity towards Rooney. You don't stumble your way to be your country's record goal scorer and it's no fluke that he earns what he does for arguably the biggest and most famous club on the planet. Rooney must and will go to the Euros.
Me too for what its worth..Rooney will be back fitter,stronger and champing at the bit...Even at 30 he's still one of the best. This could be his swansong and he must go...

AS for where to play him..let him play where he wants to.;)

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nope. Rooney shouldn't be close to the XI. Being kind, he's probably 4th best striker and playing him limits any chance we may have. Take out Lallana, Cahill and Henderson for Sterling, Stones and Wilshere and England could actually compete in the Euros.

CREDYGRECIAN

Henderson is nailed on starter as well under Roy

sladie

Rooney is a fantastic player, BUT surely its all about confidence, so while the likes of Vardy are flying high on confidence isnt it better to use that and keep Rooney for say a dip in form?