• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

George Friend to Wolves!!

tisdale 1

Resigned
why did this have to happen! i was having fun watching the transfer on a stress free day nothing like jan 31st now bbc and fecked it all up whats going on!

nathanj

even if this rumour is true it could only be a meeting about a proposed move in janurary or next summer. Would he get a regular starting place at wolves this season? when he could at exeter and improve much more by next transfer window.

Logantime

the rumour is true, good luck george.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wolves have just signed Jason Shackell from Norwich, a left back!

I'll wait till this is confirmed...if at all

Fareham Grecian

even if this rumour is true it could only be a meeting about a proposed move in janurary or next summer. Would he get a regular starting place at wolves this season? when he could at exeter and improve much more by next transfer window.
Anything is possible I suppose but why would they talk to him on the last, i.e. busiest, day of the previous transfer window about a move during the next one??

And on your second point, if you were George, honestly, what would you do?!

Hope it falls through but if not, GOOD LUCK George!

budegrecian

If this happens would people prefer that:

A) We put our faith in Obersteller.

B) Move Edwards there.

C) Move Deano there and try to sign a left winger tonight.

D) Bid for Nicholson who is rumoured to have put in a transfer request.

E) Try to sign someone else but risk ending up with no-one.
A) I think that's exactly what we will do if George, God forbid, leaves. I think Obersteller was brought in, with Tis's detail for planning ahead, because he could see this scenario was likeky to happen.
B) I think at this moment Rob is to important in the middle of the park for us, although he did have a fantastic spell there for us last season.
C)Think Deanno's best position is wide left although, again, he can do a good job as LB. Tis just doesn't sign anybody at the last minute, so would be more likely to use Chris Shepherd, if he was to move Deanno back.
D)Don't see this happening; if he isn't good enough for them he aint good enough for us ! & again Tis prefers to bed players into the club & get them used to the way we play before introducing them to the 1st team.
E)No, for all the above reasons.

However, my favoured option is for George to stay.

Logantime

shacknell is a centre half, george is on his way to sign the deal will be confirmed in the next few hours

TOP_CITY_FAN

Where on that link is the information on George Friend??

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's obviously never been to Wolverhampton.

nathanj

Anything is possible I suppose but why would they talk to him on the last, i.e. busiest, day of the previous transfer window about a move during the next one??

And on your second point, if you were George, honestly, what would you do?!

Hope it falls through but if not, GOOD LUCK George!
BUT with other clubs taking an intrest already in him, and George might have said i dont wish to leave the club at the moment as they have stood by me but you would be my choice of club if/when i choose to move.

i believe that could be possible.