• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gentle Enquiry

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
Are you real? Do the Diamonds still exist? Expelled from the conference and (were) about to be wound up in the High Court. Are you sure you will be getting to any games this year? Last I heard, you could not even get a place in the Evo-Stick league as you did not satisfy their criteria. Kettering are about to lease Nene Park...not a happy state of affairs but the best chance to make a clean break and join the ranks of ECFC!!

Re: your comment about the only way might be down having seen Diamonds do that...I know a lot about the running of your (former?) club and can assure you we are light years apart in terms of our set up, administration, fan base, cost control and approach to progression.

I am rare breed in that I changed my allegiance (aged 16!) from another club and could not imagine feeling any more passionate about ECFC...come and join us. It can be done...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are you real? Do the Diamonds still exist?
Yes. Hence he mention AFC R&D.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed - they appear to be currently a youth side which will then morph into a senior side next season, and have played their first match.

DevonDiamond

Indeed - they appear to be currently a youth side which will then morph into a senior side next season, and have played their first match.
Yep - a youth side this season groundsharing while K*ttering take our home, a senior side next season We've a talented and dedicated bunch in charge and we seem to have made a good deal of progress recently.

I can't change my alligience, and I will be getting up to games sporadically (you guys must know about travelling to follow home and away!) but just looking for that more local club to follow on a more reasonable basis.

I'm glad your confident in the running of the club -our biggest problem was that the Trust rarely had the support of the fans because they rarely communicated with us. To a degree, the corpse of the old trust is still an irritant needing to be ironed out in the running of the AFC club.

robchave

There are those on this site who will tell you that our Trust is not great at communication either. However, the information is there for those who are prepared to look or ask.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
they rarely communicated with us. To a degree, the corpse of the old trust is still an irritant needing to be ironed out in the running of the AFC club.
The thing about a trust run club is/ought to be that if you think more ought to be done about something,you can volunteer your own services to put it right.

BTW DD,what brings you from the Midlands to the River Dart? It is a journey I do for a week's holiday every September.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Give it a year and you can support a Championship team (ECFC) and a non league team playing in the Evo Stick Division 9 (AFC Janners)

DevonDiamond

The thing about a trust run club is/ought to be that if you think more ought to be done about something,you can volunteer your own services to put it right.

BTW DD,what brings you from the Midlands to the River Dart? It is a journey I do for a week's holiday every September.
Moving down with the family - my fiancee has family down here and the chance came up to get back to Devon so we took it.

The problem with the old trust of Diamonds was that it became a closed shop, volunteers were treated badly by a power hungry (in parts) hierarchy. There was some great work done, but it says a lot that our former leader moved to Corby Town to work with them, ventured onto the conference board and is now based at Nene Park helping the new tenants in.

Fortunatly, we seemed to have learned these lessons with new AFC club. Perhaps a supporters run fclub friendly could be in the offing next season...