• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General player sponsorship

Poulticedale

It is possible that I just can't see it (I have been known to overlook the blindingly obvious), but I cannot find any information on the official club website over which players and which shirts (home or away) are available for sponsorship.

Given that this is the most realistic method through which your average supporter can get involved with some serious sponsorship, it would be good to have more information available on it. A basic list of those shirts available and the perks of sponsorship would do it nicely.

wiveygrecian

I think nearly all were sponsored last season home and away and we have til the end of July i believe to decide to stick with the same player/s for next season.
We (somerset grecians) did Richard Duffy and Alex Russell , so obviously will get chance of someone else with Russell leaving if other sponsors change or give up or we get some new signings.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe Neil Saunders is looking for sponsorship.

Poulticedale

Thanks Wivey. Would be nice to have some sort of a "live update" of availability. Is there a waiting list even?

I appreciate someone needs to do this, and I always seem to get in trouble when I suggest something additional at the club needs to be done because "a volunteer has to do it", but it would be very helpful. Might even help make some money.

wiveygrecian

Thanks Wivey. Would be nice to have some sort of a "live update" of availability. Is there a waiting list even?

I appreciate someone needs to do this, and I always seem to get in trouble when I suggest something additional at the club needs to be done because "a volunteer has to do it", but it would be very helpful. Might even help make some money.
Thats ok , i have organised it two years now and it is relatively inexpensive i think, it costs us about £350 inc. vat for a players sponsorship home or away.
Last season we had about 12 of us from Taunton Wellington area giving £50 each towards it and we ended up being able to do Duffys training kit as well which was about £225 if i remember correctly.
Then i do some prediction questions for the season to see who wins the signed shirt and training top we recieve from the players.
I did Logie the year before which was great cause he got the winning goal to send us up as im sure you remember.
Any other questions please ask mate

wiveygrecian

Thats ok , i have organised it two years now and it is relatively inexpensive i think, it costs us about £350 inc. vat for a players sponsorship home or away.
Last season we had about 12 of us from Taunton Wellington area giving £50 each towards it and we ended up being able to do Duffys training kit as well which was about £225 if i remember correctly.
Then i do some prediction questions for the season to see who wins the signed shirt and training top we recieve from the players.
I did Logie the year before which was great cause he got the winning goal to send us up as im sure you remember.
Any other questions please ask mate
forgot to say we had a choice of about 10 last season mostly away shirts but just depends on who decides to keep sponsoring or not

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if they will be doing the training kit this year with the third kit being introduced but if they are there's another lot to be sponsored. Incidentally, myself, my bro and Keiron will be sponsoring Scot Bennett again this year, am glad we can do it and know he actually appreciates it.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
on another thread it has been mentioned that Sercs shirt is now open ...