• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
A damn fine conspiracy theory ! Shudders.
Elgin. The papers are digging into this (see my post #1450, too). UKIP members are starting to reveal some of the background to the financing and Breitbart support of UKIP's Leave campaign and media anti -remain propoganda. Our MP Ben Bradshaw has also just asked a question in Parliament about dark money sponsoring the Leave campaign.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Elgin. The papers are digging into this (see my post #1450, too). UKIP members are starting to reveal some of the background to the financing and Breitbart support of UKIP's Leave campaign and media anti -remain propoganda. Our MP Ben Bradshaw has also just asked a question in Parliament about dark money sponsoring the Leave campaign.
Trump/Putin/Assange are the Illuminati. Farage is basically their butler.

IndoMike

Trump/Putin/Assange are the Illuminati. Farage is basically their butler.
Not far from the truth, although I'd say Farage was the errand boy.

IndoMike

BBC NEWS TODAY
Bank of England believes Brexit could cost 75,000 finance sector jobs

Mr Jinx

BBC NEWS TODAY
Bank of England believes Brexit could cost 75,000 finance sector jobs
Still trying to peddle Project Fear I see. This is the same BOE that have punished savers whilst rewarding debtors for over ten years now and then they wonder why the country is on the brink of a credit crisis. And the BBC still give them column inches (mainly because it suits their narrative of course). Do me a favour...

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
'Could' and 'if' feature prominently in that report. So, conversely, there 'could' be 75,000 finance jobs created 'if' a deal is struck.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Besides, I thought the narrative was that all bankers are evil and should be burned on a pyre or something.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Which is all well and good, and probably right. However, income tax and ni contributions from the banking sector in 2016 was £14.7 billion. How much of Boris's £350 million will that take up if they all naff off?

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
They won't all "naff off" though. Most major banking organisations have already come out and said that they still see London as the main financial district of Europe even post-2019. Even if the Bank's doomsday prediction of 75k jobs lost in the sector came to fruition (a clue: it won't), most will find alternative employment (the usual crisis of recruiting maths teachers subsided during the last recession, for example), some may leave the country - which reduces the burden on housing etc.

edindevon

Still think we should have let the banks fail, rather than bailing them out. Then all of this would have been a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.