• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gashead In Peace

Tis irritates me at times, but I do have the sense
I don't think you can class anyone as a 'bully' on here. Silly thing to say.
Maybe bully is the wrong word. I can't think of a better way of describing Grecian jay mind you. I do think that this forum will be a much better place without him. He was very abusive towards posters who backed the manager. Much of the abuse went unpunished for years. Anyway, that's my last comment off topic.

Terryhall

I wasn't referring to you, or anyone specifically. You have to admit though, this forum has developed a very negative lean over the years. Thanks mainly to a few bully boys frightening off anyone who chose to back the manager. I understand that the biggest bully has now been banned (Grecian Jay). In my opinion, his banning was long over due, and it may make more genuine fans want to return to Exeweb to voice their views again.
I actually think Jay was quite hard done by. I rarely agreed with him but he was at least able to back up his opinions with supporting rationale which is more than can be said for some on both sides of the debate. I also think it's unfair to imply that anyone who criticises ECFC isn't a genuine fan - if it wasn't for incredibly critical genuine fans a little over 10 years ago, ECFC wouldn't even exist.

Red Bill

Maybe bully is the wrong word. I can't think of a better way of describing Grecian jay mind you. I do think that this forum will be a much better place without him. He was very abusive towards posters who backed the manager. Much of the abuse went unpunished for years. Anyway, that's my last comment off topic.
I can assure you that I learned following my initiative last season, that there are those in the pro camp that can be every bit as forceful and blinkered as some of those in the the anti camp. Negative criticism can and often does have a positive intent, the problem is that people expect you to fit neatly into one camp or the other, whereas probably most people view things on a case by case basis and are neither negative or positive all the time.

Red N

Anyway, that's my last comment off topic.
Amen to that. You are coming across as a ****

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Not hard to work out this isn't a newbie to exeweb.

Grecian Jay said what he thought and I cant see anything wrong with that.

Yeah, think some of you are going overboard in your criticism. Having watched Northampton against us, they are a big physical side. You are a good footballing side. Sometimes when the two meet you can get a bit of a hammering either side. Good luck tonight.
Maybe some did go overboard. Back to winning ways last night Gas. The stupid thing is, some of our so called supporters will have been gutted that we bounced back last night. Simply because they have an agenda. By that I mean they are anti Tisdale and they want to be proven right regarding their deluded views. They will also dig at me, because I have clearly nailed my colours to the mast. These people are more transparent than the open door that I am looking through right now. Exeweb is over run with the anti Tisdale mob, who are and always have been the vocal minority. Putting up slogans on an Internet forum, like Tisdale Out, when the man is clearly working miracles, looks silly at best. Great win for your boys at Luton last night. Maybe Rovers are the dark horses? Tough game against Barnet on Saturday I see. That should sort the men from the boys.

Gas Go Marching In

Maybe some did go overboard. Back to winning ways last night Gas. The stupid thing is, some of our so called supporters will have been gutted that we bounced back last night. Simply because they have an agenda. By that I mean they are anti Tisdale and they want to be proven right regarding their deluded views. They will also dig at me, because I have clearly nailed my colours to the mast. These people are more transparent than the open door that I am looking through right now. Exeweb is over run with the anti Tisdale mob, who are and always have been the vocal minority. Putting up slogans on an Internet forum, like Tisdale Out, when the man is clearly working miracles, looks silly at best. Great win for your boys at Luton last night. Maybe Rovers are the dark horses? Tough game against Barnet on Saturday I see. That should sort the men from the boys.

Thanks mate, I'm buzzing! Take a look at the stats, we fully deserved it! They have a far bigger budget and squad than ours too but like I said our team spirit is amazing! I would have taken a draw at Luton so to out play them and win is fantastic. I expect us to beat Barnet, a team we have a good record against in recent years. They are a bit reliant on Akinde and as long as keep him quiet like we did in the fixture last year then I expect us to win. More pressure on Saturday though as we are expected to win I would say.

Terryhall

The parts in bold are ridiculous. Everyone has a different opinion on what should be done to help the team win - that doesn't mean that anyone wants to see the team lose.

Many on this board would tell you that I am a staunch Tisdale supporter (and I definitely am). Just because I don't agree with some people's opinions, I still recognise their right to have one. The world would be a very boring place if everyone agreed on everything all the time.

[/B]

Thanks mate, I'm buzzing! Take a look at the stats, we fully deserved it! They have a far bigger budget and squad than ours too but like I said our team spirit is amazing! I would have taken a draw at Luton so to out play them and win is fantastic. I expect us to beat Barnet, a team we have a good record against in recent years. They are a bit reliant on Akinde and as long as keep him quiet like we did in the fixture last year then I expect us to win. More pressure on Saturday though as we are expected to win I would say.
I like you Gas. You sound like a genuine, passionate supporter of your club. I like you even more for stirring up the anti Tisdale mob. The fact that a supporter of another club, who clearly knows his football onions, has entered their pessimistic world and praised the man they love to hate, has really got their goat. Funny.

Terryhall

I like you Gas. You sound like a genuine, passionate supporter of your club. I like you even more for stirring up the anti Tisdale mob. The fact that a supporter of another club, who clearly knows his football onions, has entered their pessimistic world and praised the man they love to hate, has really got their goat. Funny.
I like Gas too. What has got my goat is your posts that seem to be aimed at silencing any dissenting opinion. The irony being that when it comes to opinions, I probably share your views on Tisdale and the club, just I'm not arrogant enough to presume that makes everyone else wrong.