• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't know anything... Just from their show reels they both look to have similar attributes, like being very big but more wanting the ball to feet and looking a bit chaotic. Not sure you'd play two players like that together...but I've not seen them in the flesh, who knows? Joel Noubles Aldershot showreel he looks pretty handy. Somewhere between wanchope and zaha
I think you could play Nouble off of Bair down the middle, looks to me like Nouble gives a bit of an option and flexibility for both roles.

rifraf

Och aye! Absolutely brilliant striker Jimmy. Outstanding. Super fit and leaps like a Scottish salmon. Loves haggis. Sorry to see him go if this tragedy comes about.

(Have the Scottish clubs stopped looking on this thread yet)?

Colesman Ballz

New Exeweb member comes on with a credible rumour and speaking with conviction. I’m sold.

*orders shirt with Bair on the back*
Steady on there Fred, or you will end up sponsoring his shirt before he has even signed on the dotted line !

iscalad

New Exeweb member comes on with a credible rumour and speaking with conviction. I’m sold.

*orders shirt with Bair on the back*
1st in the queue for sponsorship, fred?
Ah, not reading to the end of the thread again.....

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you could play Nouble off of Bair down the middle, looks to me like Nouble gives a bit of an option and flexibility for both roles.
Yeah, maybe, but interesting that Caldwell has focused exclusively on technicians and then it looks like we're bringing in two players who seem very much not of that type.

Rosencrantz

Steady on there Fred, or you will end up sponsoring his shirt before he has even signed on the dotted line !
Can always rely on Fred to do the Bair necessities 😉

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah Graham Rees! You’ll be on about Nelson Stiffle next!
Of course he was lightening fast only trouble was he sometimes forgot to take the ball with him.

Meantime before you say anything about Gordon Dale on the opposite wing he has to be the best out and out footballer I have ever seen play for the Club incredible dribbling ability very much in the Stanley Matthews mode only failing he would beat his full back and then go back and do it again. His footballing brain was also light years ahead of any of his teammates and there was a drawback there too as they didn’t always know what he was going to do.

When we played Luton in the 50s in the FA Cup they knew he was real threat and his opposite number Bingham was obviously instructed to ensure his threat was kept to a minimum and his early tackle almost directly from the kick off effectively took him out of the game leaving him hobbling on the wing for the whole game…..no substitutes in those days.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Transfer window so far
In
Luke Harris
Ben Purrington
Out
Aamir Daniel’s loan

Rumoured
In
Joel Nouble
Theo Bair (really?)
Out
James Scott - north of the border?
Harry Kite - Brizzle Rovers
Alex Hartridge - ditto

Going to be a busy week and possibly not just strikers!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can always rely on Fred to do the Bair necessities 😉
We're going on a Bair Hunt!
We're going to catch a big one.
What a beautiful day.
WE'RE NOT SCARED.
Oh-oh! Penalty area!
Long, wavy grass.
We can't go over it.
We can't go under it
We'll just have to go round it and all the way back to the keeper

Christ I apologise. I'm so very, very bored with this long drawn out window.

CC

Let's hope Bair is the Polar opposite to Scott