• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

simcity

I'm annoyed were rubbish and more than annoyed we didn't get a striker for the entire summer, but it's not all in the club's power to just instantly get someone, and id rather they did all they could to get the best possible than to cash their chips and get a body to assuage people's impatience. Harris looks a good addition on paper, hopefully he'll make an impact for us offensively. Hopeful we'll get a pair of really good strikers as well... Just not ready to get on the club's back for only sorti b one deal in the first week... Not so easy to get deals done.
Harris is an 18 year old kid, yeh he’s played a few games in the PL but for anyone to expect him to change our fortunes on his own is going to be disappointed, especially when he realises that no one in our team other than Hartridge & his long balls looks to play forward passes!

We have needed at least 2 strikers since May & we’re yet to sign 1 of them nearly 8 months later. Begs the question of what on earth is going on behind the scenes in these recruitment meetings…

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm annoyed were rubbish and more than annoyed we didn't get a striker for the entire summer, but it's not all in the club's power to just instantly get someone, and id rather they did all they could to get the best possible than to cash their chips and get a body to assuage people's impatience. Harris looks a good addition on paper, hopefully he'll make an impact for us offensively. Hopeful we'll get a pair of really good strikers as well... Just not ready to get on the club's back for only sorti b one deal in the first week... Not so easy to get deals done.
I agree with this. I'll decide how good the window has been at the end of the month. I can understand why people wanted things to have happened by now but there's still time enough. My wants for this season are pretty limited and basic. I simply want us to survive and stay a league 1 club. We can do that still if we can get players by the end of this window.

denzel

I agree with this. I'll decide how good the window has been at the end of the month. I can understand why people wanted things to have happened by now but there's still time enough. My wants for this season are pretty limited and basic. I simply want us to survive and stay a league 1 club. We can do that still if we can get players by the end of this window.
We could be 8 or 9 points adrift by February

exespur

Absolutely baffled we haven't signed a striker! Fuming!

Langer

Trouble is with January sales is it’s all the crap they couldn’t get rid of earlier.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harris is an 18 year old kid, yeh he’s played a few games in the PL but for anyone to expect him to change our fortunes on his own is going to be disappointed, especially when he realises that no one in our team other than Hartridge & his long balls looks to play forward passes!

We have needed at least 2 strikers since May & we’re yet to sign 1 of them nearly 8 months later. Begs the question of what on earth is going on behind the scenes in these recruitment meetings…
Yeah, I agree with you. We should've sorted it in the summer. Massive screw up, I'm as annoyed about it as anyone and think heads should be rolling for it. But given that we didn't, we don't get a head start again for January, we're back to square one. Presume you don't want us to just sign a duffer for the sake of getting it in early.

Red Monster

We've already signed someone. Incredible to me people have this perspective
Harris signing was a free hit and was delivered to us on
a silver platter by Fulham after the **** up at the end
of the last window.

We’ve haven’t had to work hard on this deal I expect
Fulham guarantee it.

Lets hope in a weeks time that Harris is not our only
signing.

Exehausted

Trouble is with January sales is it’s all the crap they couldn’t get rid of earlier.
Or players whose contract runs out in the summer and the selling club wants to get a return on before the player leaves for free in the summer. It all favours the selling club because there are a lot of clubs looking for players and most need at least one striker. Supply and demand. That's why the January window is often seen as delivering poor value for money.

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
We could be 8 or 9 points adrift by February
We could be, yeah. So what? Doesn't mean we can bend reality to our will. Most players who move will move late in the window... Not because clubs are sat twiddling their thumbs... All clubs want business done ASAP, but there's still a mad scramble on the last day. Hope we get quality in yesterday, but if we're not part of that scramble, I'll eat my hat.

Grecian Max

Most players who move will move late in the window
Wonder if this is statistically true