• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Game off

Status
Not open for further replies.

docoa

What a waste of money the new pitch has been. Drainage sh*t. Pitch looking half cut up last few games.
Have we got new drainage ask for our money back we were robbed

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do actually think an official announcement about there being a pitch inspection might have been worth putting up.
As i understand it, it wasn't an official inspection, just that the ref was due to have a look at the pitch as any ref would do for any game. Like I said, i've heard that everyone bar the ref was of the opinion the game should go ahead.

Roy Hodgson

So was the postponement done on the say so of Danny Wilson?

Just out of interest. So many conflicting reports.

Willy Nilly

Re: So was the postponement done on the say so of Danny Wilson?

No, it was done on the say of Garth Crooks.

Jim_AFCB

Ok I phoned the club at 6pm and the chap told me BOTH managers AND the ref had deemed the pitch playable. However, the ref wanted to call the Met Office to check on the forecast to be sure no further storms are on their way. So this is the reason the game's off, NOT that the pitch is unplayable now.

This is the ref's decision therefore the club are not to blame as its out of their hands. Also I heard from someone at the ground who said the goalmouths are muddy and no standing water, not waterlogged anyway. Apparently there were a lot of stunned faces at SJP when the ref gave his decision
That is a barking decision!

Just looked at the radar now and it looks mostly dry for the Exeter area bar the possibility of the odd shower.
If the ref has called it off due to the forecast weather rather than the state of the pitch then it's a very poor decision based on duff info.

Our game at Brizzle is off too, and I'm a bit surprised given that the Bristol area has had less than half an inch of rain in past 24h (and Exeter around the half-inch mark). But then their pitch has had egg-chasers tramping all over it on (I think ) Sunday and thats probably wrecked it.

mustangspeed2006

I doubt it. Surely Tis would have to agree, too.

Last edited:

Red & White

Official site says that it was the referees decision, and probably the correct one IMO We don't want the pitch wrecked for the remainder of the season which is what happend against Canvey Island in the conference.

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~2294289,00.html

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Not according to the club when I phoned.

davecg

Please dont bring that Canvey Island game up, its brings me out in a cold sweat...

The worst afternoon at the park....ever.

city_is_my_life

How many pitches actually look that good at this time of year? It's suffered from all the cold weather and now a lot of rain. Always going to get a bit knackered.

CIML

Status
Not open for further replies.