• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Game off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy Nilly

Pathetic. If it was pouring down now I'd understand but it isn't.

Torquay have got their fecking game on!!

Last edited:

OfficialECFC

Correct! The first announcement was on Facebook, if anybody cares to read this thread properly! (and I dont know what "twits" is!
Both were launched at the same time, but the official site editor has a bit of a lag of a minute or so.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would it have been that hard for them to have released something warning travelling fans that the pitch isn't looking great and the game could be in doubt. There has hardly been a huge downpour has there ffs.

Joshyd123

There has hardly been a huge downpour has there ffs.
The things you post get more stupid each day!

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ok I phoned the club at 6pm and the chap told me BOTH managers AND the ref had deemed the pitch playable. However, the ref wanted to call the Met Office to check on the forecast to be sure no further storms are on their way. So this is the reason the game's off, NOT that the pitch is unplayable now.

This is the ref's decision therefore the club are not to blame as its out of their hands. Also I heard from someone at the ground who said the goalmouths are muddy and no standing water, not waterlogged anyway. Apparently there were a lot of stunned faces at SJP when the ref gave his decision

Antony Moxey

Correct! The first announcement was on Facebook, if anybody cares to read this thread properly! (and I dont know what "twits" is!
Perhaps you ought to read the thread properly and then you'll understand why Facebook and Twitter updates go 'live' before Official Site ones do.

Jam Doughnut

But the covers are for frost not rain. The covers get covered in rain then they try to take covers off, where do you think all that water will go *-)
Sorry :$ i honestly thought they were for rain aswell as frost...i thought they were designed so the water went off the playing pitch and onto the walkways.

You can never second guess what the ref is going to do with a pitch inspection Jay. I guess it would be very difficult for the club to put something out sooner.

I would also take issue with your assertion that it han't been p#ss#ng it down, as I got soaked to work this morning, and got soaked at lunchtime, and then...surprise surprise, got soaked going home.

StixUK

I was half and half about the game being on tonight considering the rain on Sunday and since then. But I was a bit surprised that 6:15pm was when it was announced, could it have not been say 3pm as the weather can't improve the conditions from then on. As far I recollect it hasn't rained since 3pm today.

Just seen the pitch on bbc news. To be fair it does look unplayable and dangerous to play on

Status
Not open for further replies.