• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Game off

Dr Hook

Just thought I'd add my own b*ll*x to this thread & mention Ticketzone haven't made any announcement re tickets & revised fixture as to whether we'd get a full refund incl. booking fee & whether this would be waived on the rearranged game. Aparently call them in a few days or check their site.

Anyway, there's no need to go to ticket booth tonight.

Cravat

All this stuff about a new pitch... pesonally think we should be asking questions of our ground staff... How has the pitch got this bad, when, for the entire 15 plus years I've been watching city it has in general been pretty decent?! Not good enough for a league one club and the communication has been utter sh*te as per...
Maybe it's just reached breaking point after 15 years?

There was a thread here about how the sand becomes more and more compacted, which means the water takes longer and longer to drain, or summat like that.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same old City. It seems that every single day something rediculous happens at the Club. Is it me, or is it being terribly run by a *****? Just over an hour before kick off and it's postponed. Shocking, it really is. The way our club has been run this season, for example tonight, the Leeds away end crush, the generally sh*te pitch and the £500 a day cheif exec, we deserve to go down.

philexe

Yes. I agree. The pitch has never been so bad. What are those huge white covers on the side of the pitch doing.... Oh yes, keeping the gravel stones dry on the side of the pitch.

The ref should really have some questions to answer here. surely he could have called the game off at 3pm if he had looked at the Met office website. To say the game is definately on and then it gets called off is a farce.

This sums up the communication here sometimes!

StixUK

Yes. I agree. The pitch has never been so bad. What are those huge white covers on the side of the pitch doing.... Oh yes, keeping the gravel stones dry on the side of the pitch.

The ref should really have some questions to answer here. surely he could have called the game off at 3pm if he had looked at the Met office website. To say the game is definately on and then it gets called off is a farce.

This sums up the communication here sometimes!
Yeh it would be good to get an official line on why we can't use those lovely sheets, they would stop the rain getting on the pitch and I would rather they spent £5k getting decent covers which would work in the short term instead of raising £150k for a new pitch which may take longer than we think...

At least it will be rearranged, hopefully will be a good date when our squad is stronger, so really a blessing in disguise!

Yeh it would be good to get an official line on why we can't use those lovely sheets, they would stop the rain getting on the pitch and I would rather they spent £5k getting decent covers which would work in the short term instead of raising £150k for a new pitch which may take longer than we think...

At least it will be rearranged, hopefully will be a good date when our squad is stronger, so really a blessing in disguise!
I think you will find they are frost covers not rain covers

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've already had a line on why the sheets aren't used. They are for frost and snow as the water would just lie on top and make them big heavy, pointless things. Also the water wouldn't all drain off into the drainage system as the area of a football pitch would take a lot of water.

Macca

They aren't rain covers, they are frost covers.

If standing water was on them, they wouldn't be able to move them.

And regarding the weather, it has beenthe coldest and wettest since 81 hasn't it???! There's your answer.

flat_cap

I think you will find they are frost covers not rain covers
What's the difference? Surely the frost covers are waterproof????? Defeats the object a bit if they're not!! :D

nathanj

Just thought I'd add my own b*ll*x to this thread & mention Ticketzone haven't made any announcement re tickets & revised fixture as to whether we'd get a full refund incl. booking fee & whether this would be waived on the rearranged game. Aparently call them in a few days or check their site.

Anyway, there's no need to go to ticket booth tonight.
ticketzones website

BRISTOL ROVERS - Tues 23rd Feb - 19:45hrs kick off - League 1 -
GAME CALLED OFF DUE TO WATERLOGGED PITCH. PLEASE HOLD ON TO YOUR TICKETS AS THEY WILL BE VALID FOR THE RESCHEDULED DATE WHICH WILL BE CONFIRMED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE