• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fulham v Exeter City EFL Cup 2nd Round MDT.

suffolklad

see Edwards has scored for West Brom

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good effort and yeah, don't think we could have won it whoever we played in our team.

The deluder

Agree with this 2-0 against this Fulham team is not bad. Terrific ti see Archie Collins get 90 mins and Sparkes get good pitch time.

suffolklad

Good run out for the young guns, in Mat we trust

Jason

Good effort and yeah, don't think we could have won it whoever we played in our team.
Agreed. No comparison with the 3rd round reply with Liverpool which still rankles even now! Great experience you would imagine for many of those playing tonight.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
2 - 0, respectable imho and certainly no disgrace given the changes, could have been a rugby score after the early goal went in.

I only listened on the radio however it sounded like Oates and O'Shea did OK.

Onto the weekend we go, Lincoln lost 4 - 1 to Blackburn.

Last edited:

Exehausted

And it's given the fringe players a real chance. From the sound of it Archie Collins had a good game in the middle and could well have put pressure on Jordon Tillson and Hiram for Saturday. I will be interested to hear how O'Shea and Oates did. If Brown is out for a while (I really hope he isn't and he's back on Saturday) then O'Shea could put pressure on Deano and Luke Croll. If Jono is also out, Matt Jay sounded the best bet to partner Jayden on Saturday. Disappointed to lose yes, but it sounded like there were a lot more positives than negatives. Can't wait to hear from those who were there and what Matt's thoughts are. Good show boys, UTC!

geoffwp

The only issue I have about the game is how early the goals came at the start of each half. We do need to be fully awake and focused all the game not starting 5 minutes after each half begins. Just a shame we didn't get to test their keeper. However, early goals apart it was a fighting performance and fully support the decision to give proper game time to others on the fringe. Taylor has already said that he needs all the squad to be ready should he need them. That ain't going to happen unless they have competitive matches under their belts.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only issue I have about the game is how early the goals came at the start of each half. We do need to be fully awake and focused all the game not starting 5 minutes after each half begins.
Stop being so downbeat Geoff.

(rofl)

geoffwp

Stop being so downbeat Geoff.

(rofl)
* goes off to find the book on positive thinking*:D