• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fulham v ECFC predictions

Terryhall

Suspect a hangover from the weekend and perhaps also some rotation to keep legs fresh(er) for Lincoln... a brave performance but ultimately the quality will tell, Fulham to win 2-0, we'll have Hamon in goal

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hants says Moxey's sitting out the Fulham game on t'other thread.
He's not on the FA list, though that may be because of the Bank Holiday. However, this states:

"Clubs at Step 2 and below: Red cards in first team competitive matches result in suspensions commencing on the 7th day following the match in which the player was sent off."

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions#L31TPscufkOgTumV.99

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon Croll will get a starting place whether or not Deano gets to play.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
4 - 1 to Fulham.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
we'll have Hamon in goal
Why ? Pym played against Ipswich, I cannot see Taylor bringing Hamon in for this one.

Terryhall

Why ? Pym played against Ipswich, I cannot see Taylor bringing Hamon in for this one.
Mostly this is a tongue in cheek because I also predicted it for basically every other cup game for the past couple of seasons. In all honesty I agree with you that it is nailed on that Pym will play and Hamon will be watching from the bench again.

But to take the question at face value and justify the position, if Hamon isn't going to play in the cups, I struggle to see where he's going to get any time on the pitch to improve / develop as a player. Pym was second choice for some time but was given games and grew to be our deserved first choice keeper. I think Pym is excellent but I'd like to see us have meaningful competition for places and two keepers that are really pushing each other to keep on improving and earn the starting place - so I'd like to see Hamon get some more game time. Maybe we'll see him in the Jokeatrade...

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
You would imagine they will rotate given they played yesterday.....

I reckon 2-0 Home win

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
First half goal for City seals progress to the third round.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/08/27/next-up-fulham-vs-exeter-city-league-cup/

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mostly this is a tongue in cheek because I also predicted it for basically every other cup game for the past couple of seasons. In all honesty I agree with you that it is nailed on that Pym will play and Hamon will be watching from the bench again.

But to take the question at face value and justify the position, if Hamon isn't going to play in the cups, I struggle to see where he's going to get any time on the pitch to improve / develop as a player. Pym was second choice for some time but was given games and grew to be our deserved first choice keeper. I think Pym is excellent but I'd like to see us have meaningful competition for places and two keepers that are really pushing each other to keep on improving and earn the starting place - so I'd like to see Hamon get some more game time. Maybe we'll see him in the Jokeatrade...
Hamon will play this Thursday in the U23 Prem Cup play off game. And then next Tuesday in the Jokeatrade v Yeovil.

It will really help him if we can win on Thursday to get into the group stage and have six more games at a decent standard.

Terryhall

Hamon will play this Thursday in the U23 Prem Cup play off game. And then next Tuesday in the Jokeatrade v Yeovil.

It will really help him if we can win on Thursday to get into the group stage and have six more games at a decent standard.
Good to know, thanks - agree, I'm no fan of the competition but it would be good to get through to give more game time to the likes of Hamon, Collins etc (who may struggle for minutes otherwise) and also if the prize money is the same as last season, 10k per win is not to be sniffed at.