• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Friendlies...

MickStagraget

You have another chance to do it all over again on 22nd July.
I didn't do it in the first place, don't go perpetuating a myth and furthering LOG's web of lies and deceit.

rich13

Shouldn't we be playing Junior Clubs in the Exeter area, giving them the chance to raise much needed revenue rather than swelling the coffers of local clubs in the Bristol and West Wilts area?

And before anyone says it, I know we are plaing Torquay...
Last time we played Credition, one of there players put a youngster (Berry I think) out for a year, as he was bitter at being rejected and out for revenge. Probably a reason we avoid them.

Last edited:

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does Ottery St Mary count?
Of course, but currently its 3 over the wall of PT's back garden and one in the vicinity of Exeter......

malcolms

Last time we played Credition, one of there players put a youngster (Berry I think) out for a year, as he was bitter at being rejected and out for revenge. Probably a reason we avoid them.
Absolutely but I suspect there are another 20 to 30 teams within a very short distance of Exeter who would welcome the club and play the game properly..

Littlebreeder

A nice 4 mile drive for Tis from his home then!
And a nice little mile or so walk from mine :)

Most of the other pre season games are on when we're away so I'll be selfish and say I'm looking forward to this one.

Of course, but currently its 3 over the wall of PT's back garden and one in the vicinity of Exeter......
I know it sounds unlikely, but maybe PT has his eye on someone that was released by one of the Bristol clubs and he thinks he may be good enough to play for us....

malcolms

I know it sounds unlikely, but maybe PT has his eye on someone that was released by one of the Bristol clubs and he thinks he may be good enough to play for us....
Is that the sound of straws being clutched at?

Oldsmobile-88

Absolutely but I suspect there are another 20 to 30 teams within a very short distance of Exeter who would welcome the club and play the game properly..
Chippenham & Clevedon play in the Southern League Premier & Dorchester in the Conf S,so i expect its about the quality of the opposition,even Tivvy are no longer in the Southern League Premier.....

I read somewhere that a youth team are going to play at Bridport(promoted to the Western League Premier,last season)...They have a nice clubhouse & it will be worth a visit.

Antony Moxey

Chippenham & Clevedon play in the Southern League Premier & Dorchester in the Conf S,so i expect its about the quality of the opposition,even Tivvy are no longer in the Southern League Premier.....
Steady on Olds, we'll have none of this sensible posting on here malarky when there's a million and one conspiracy theories to be had.

StroudGrecian

Mangotsfield is in the diary. I'll regret it, i know.
Are you sure now?

T'other side of Brizzle can be a tad chilly in early July.

Maggotsfield, Clevedon, Chippenham, looks like I'll do more PSFs than league matches agin.