• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

free billy bragg tickets

bob wilson

I have available 3 billy bragg tickets for june 5th at workmans hall in Blaenavon ,south wales .The tour is to mark the 25th anniversary of the miners strike and the above date is the opening night.I think Blaenavon is about 25 minutes from Newport .I am unable to go and dont want anything for the tickets.Please PM if at all interested.

papillon

Hi Bob,

Maybe you could get any interested party to make a donation to the Trust.

Paps

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stick em on Ebay for £1. I'm sure you'd sell them then, assuming it's a sell out.

bob wilson

Hi all ,thanks for your ideas.
Billy is an aquired taste and although his last tour sold well im not sure what the demand will be in South Wales especially as he is playing a few venues within a close distance of each other plus the face value of a ticket is £17 which isnt cheap .Id be surprised if it were a sell out but you never know .I just rather the tickets were used than be wasted.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I struggle to believe anybody would go and see him at all, let alone pay for the privilege.

i struggle to believe anybody would go and see him at all, let alone pay for the privilege.
:) :) :) :)

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wish I could go. :( Billy Bragg is one of my lefty heroes. Somewhat over-represented on my MP3 player. 8-|

bob wilson

Yes,he has written some excellent songs and his live shows are often a lot more than just that ,he always has a tale to tell and no doubt during these troubled times (football apart) he will have an amusing take on it all, would have thought that the current mp expenses row would have rattled his cage!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
....." I never thought i would be,
fighting fascists in a Southern sea.
Saw one today & in his hand,
was a weapon that was made in Birmingham!."...

Island of No Return....Billy's song about the Falkland's conflict..Some of his early stuff was good...

Nix

I would love to go as adore Billy and live in Newport. But no car, so not sure I could get home. :(