• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fred Murray....

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
YES - finally a fellow Irishman, and one who's home town is 20 minutes from mine.
Go on ya good thing!

tisdale 1

Resigned
what is the irish league like-what sort of stanard is it compered to english leagues?As it says fredo turned down a move to drogheda to stay in england.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well Drogheda , our champions from last season who u mentioned ,lost 4-3 to Dynamo Kiev over two legs in Champions League this year (lost 2-1 at home, drew 2-2 away- and struck the post twice in the last minute out there!), whilst St Patricks have come through 3 qualifying rounds to get to UEFA Cup proper (they put out Swedish league leaders to get to that point) and played Herta Berlin on Tuesday.
Cork reached the semi-finals of one of the Inter Toto's and Glen Cronin's side - Bohs who are 13 points clear won two legs also in first round of Uefa qualifying.
Nearly all the teams are full time in Premier League here, and IMHO could easily hold there own in League 2.
Will try find out did Murray play over here

Last edited:

tisdale 1

Resigned
Well Drogheda , our champions from last season who u mentioned ,lost 4-3 to Dynamo Kiev over two legs in Champions League this year (lost 2-1 at home, drew 2-2 away- and struck the post twice in the last minute out there!), whilst St Patricks have come through 3 qualifying rounds to get to UEFA Cup proper (they put out Swedish league leaders to get to that point) and played Herta Berlin on Tuesday.
Cork reached the semi-finals of one of the Inter Toto's and Glen Cronin's side - Bohs who are 13 points clear won two legs also in first round of Uefa qualifying.
Nearly all the teams are full time in Premier League here, and IMHO could easily hold there own in League 2.
Will try find out did Murray play over here
cheers for that information[y] one more thing though what our the rough sort of attendances for the league?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
cheers for that information[y] one more thing though what our the rough sort of attendances for the league?
All the attendants are rough sorts.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
That's very harsh on Moxey. He has played almost as many games there as at left mid and always looked solid enough. Granted, in the games he has played there this season he ving come back from a broken foot, thus missing pre-season, combined with a step up to a higher level.
Sadly, I don't think it is harsh. (And nor do most of the posters who posted after me either btw) I think Moxey is a good player, but defensively he's not up to scratch in this league. He's a benefit going forward, no doubt about that, but he's a risk when deployed at the back. He might well have been ok in the Conf' but in L2 it seems there are much more able wingers than we are used to, and it highlights Moxey's weakness as fullback even more.

I hope the new lad can get in the first XI ASAP so we can move Moxey forward where he can be much more effective.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cork City get gates of 4,000-6,000 each home game, but because their a professional set up , they like many , have huge wage bills and the league has a number of clubs in financial trouble.

The likes of Bohs, st Pats, Drogheda will get 3,000 or so crowds.

My home town side Waterford United play in Division 1 - despite having two 2,000 seater stands, we only barely get 700 or so,.

iscalad

Agree. Moxey scored a few golas last season and LB is not his best position. I would still like to see Obersteller given a go
Obersteller is a LB in waiting I feel. I think Tis has signed Fred to play asap, as he should already be L2 standard.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
So "Keano" is now at Bohemians? Even more reason to wear my Bohs shirt with pride (I chose it mainly due to Crowe)!

Irish Football definitely seems to have been transformed somewhat by the move to Summer season.

Antony Moxey

Keano? You make me laugh Jase - other than the fact that they're both oirish and both play in midfield, there the comparisons stop.