• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

France

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
The latest affront to the freedom's we tend to take for granted is playing out to a predictable grisly end in and around Paris as I write this. I do sense with this case a widespread sea change in attitudes toward religious fundamentalism in Europe. Western Europe has been a beacon for the advancement of the human condition for generations, the logical next step for me is that we abandon the archaic belief systems that produced the scrum who in the name of their religion thought it justifiable to gun down a bunch of cartoonists.
Time we consigned organised religion to the dustbin of history.

Problem is Tavy, Islam is totally disorganised as religion goes. Good to see the French find and kill the cowards today.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Banning organised religion wouldn't solve the issue. These nutters would just align themselves with another 'cause'.

Antony Moxey

There's nothing wrong with religion - most people believe their beliefs and live their life by them without forcing them on others - its the idiot extremists who misinterpret their prophets' teachings that are the problem.

crocks

Good to see the French find and kill the cowards today.
I as very impressed with the French police and security forces response to this. Identified the perpetrators quickly and dealt with them very efficiently.

elginCity

its the idiot extremists who misinterpret.
Consider the cartoon of prophet mohammed with a bomb for a turban...freedom of speech or defamatory ? Depends on your interpretation.

Antony Moxey

Consider the cartoon of prophet mohammed with a bomb for a turban...freedom of speech or defamatory ? Depends on your interpretation.
But the point is is genuinely who cares which way you interpret it? You find it funny, you find it insulting - so what, laugh or be insulted, doesn't mean you have to kill 20 people just because your feelings have been hurt.

And to be honest, does it really matter if your feelings have been hurt, really? Just get on with life and stop being such an attention seeking drama queen - nowadays everyone is seemingly going out of their way to be offended about something and then letting everyone know they're offended. Well f*** off and be offended, it doesn't matter, YOU don't matter, just grow a spine and get on with it.

That's what I mean about idiot extremists, the majority of those who believe in religion follow their faith in peace, because as far as I can tell that's basically what they all preach, it's the idiot extremists who misinterpret those teachings.

Mackster

The latest affront to the freedom's we tend to take for granted is playing out to a predictable grisly end in and around Paris as I write this. I do sense with this case a widespread sea change in attitudes toward religious fundamentalism in Europe. Western Europe has been a beacon for the advancement of the human condition for generations, the logical next step for me is that we abandon the archaic belief systems that produced the scrum who in the name of their religion thought it justifiable to gun down a bunch of cartoonists.
Time we consigned organised religion to the dustbin of history.
As extremism escalates (and it surely will) and there are even more atrocities, I wonder how many of "the not in my name" muslims will abandon Islam? Not that it would bother the fundamentalists, they're are not interested in having "soft" muslims.

Very clear video on ******** (over 18s only) of French police storming the Kosher bakery and liquidating the scum terrorist as he ran at the police.
(y)

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

As I've just said elsewhere, if you or I posted up flyers of the same cartoon in the local area and we were found to be the ones behind it, we would be up on a racial hate crime charge. Because it has been done in the press it is seen and what has happened it is seen as an attack on free speech. Double standards for the establishment and the man on the street.