• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forum Guidleines

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Apologies, I have only just seen this thread.

The usual caveat about Mods not being able to read all the posts in all the threads applies. Use that report button! (Duly noted that it has just been used...)
The report button has been used for some defamatory and problematic posts which have remained hence the thread.

I don't even know if the reports are anonymous or not.

I also did not know if infraction points are made public. I think you can see my past infraction points.

Red the Paper

Banned
The report button has been used for some defamatory and problematic posts which have remained hence the thread.

I don't even know if the reports are anonymous or not.

I also did not know if infraction points are made public. I think you can see my past infraction points.
I have just checked your profile and no infraction points show. I think it is just for yours and a moderators viewing.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have just checked your profile and no infraction points show. I think it is just for yours and a moderators viewing.
Red, you are correct. No other member can see them.
Good job really else it could be used more as a badge of honour than it already is.

JBK94

The quote you gave me was "I'll take that one Rae! :D" which was a reply to his "Banana boy" nick name he was giving me..

And no you didn't explain it at all how it was deemed 'abusive'
I would of handed it out to you on a plate just for being a total gobsh*te...

Bondy

Red, you are correct. No other member can see them.
Good job really else it could be used more as a badge of honour than it already is.
Fair enough. Can't say I'm proud of mine

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The quote you gave me was "I'll take that one Rae! :D" which was a reply to his "Banana boy" nick name he was giving me..

And no you didn't explain it at all how it was deemed 'abusive'
See, you are being deliberately inflammatory again with your choice of "his" nickname "he" gave me. Maybe you need edumacating on gender issues.

Bondy

See, you are being deliberately inflammatory again with your choice of "his" nickname "he" gave me. Maybe you need edumacating on gender issues.
To be honest I am very surprised this has not been picked up before. There is a term for it but I'm not going to go into that

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I'm not really sure what to say. But as that's never stopped me before I'll just crack on with it...
Personally, I can't take offence when, occasionaly, I'm referred to as 'he'. It's incorrect, impolite and (probably) ignorant in the true meaning of the word. Not to mention biologically incorrect. That said, it happens from time to time.
I made a deliberate decision to ensure my website details were in my profile. That way, those who are curious may go there and make their own mind up. Likewise I'm on Facebook and never refuse a friends request from a Grecian.
From a transgendered point of view, I have no real complaints about Exeweb. I half expected that I might need to develop a thick skin PDQ but that's never been needed.
Only once have I reported a post on this subject. That was one by Argylepaul. His constant referencing to transgender people was starting to feel very creepy to me, especially as I'm probably the only one on here. In retrospect, that was probably down to bias on my part and a bizarre sense of humour on his.
I'm always happy to educate and answer sensible questions on the matter. Being transgendered, that is, not Argylepaul... [y]

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Much Respect Rae!!!

Tada

jr1871

I think your openess does you great credit Rae. Who cares if you are a martian with an obsession for crunchy nut cornflakes. You are open, erudite, always kind (and that is a great quality in my eyes) and without any doubt, you enrich these boards, and I enjoy reading your posts. Anybody judging you on any other plain than as a valued contributor to the world of Exeweb, is frankly an idiot.

Your tolerance of any abuse says a lot more about the person failing to score cheap points than it does you.

So there you have it. Somebody said something very nice about me on another thread, and do you know, as daft as it sounds, it took me aback slightly (in a good way) I'm returning the favour I guess!

Now, about those rose tinted glasses;)