• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
He probably had nightmares about his stint with us, too.

Only played six matches and was sent off in two. Who can ever forget that FA Cup tie with Colchester?
Never disliked any city player as much as Woodman. To the extent each time he came back with another club i spent much of the game hurling vitriol at him. Never been repeated with any other player so why he was so special i have no idea :)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never disliked any city player as much as Woodman. To the extent each time he came back with another club i spent much of the game hurling vitriol at him. Never been repeated with any other player so why he was so special i have no idea :)
And quite often he'd have the last laugh as his team would win.

fred binneys head

And quite often he'd have the last laugh as his team would win.
Yep, I remember being away at Northampton one year when we were giving him all manner of grief and he just turned round and looked at us as if to say "what is wrong with you people?". It was a fair question and yes, we lost 4-1.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Yep, I remember being away at Northampton one year when we were giving him all manner of grief and he just turned round and looked at us as if to say "what is wrong with you people?". It was a fair question and yes, we lost 4-1.
He's done it at SJP when his team won too. Perfect response to any banter.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed. Well Done Andy. I still have nightmares on his debut for city. Possibly the worst debut ever?
Are you mixing your Andy's up? Godney was the keeper that had a terrible debut...then never played again.

CC

I'm not saying I have an irrational hatred of Andy Woodman but if his son turned up playing for another team at SJP I'd boo him by association.

grecIAN Harris

Didn't we all. He used to s4!t himself in front of The Big Bank and then have a blinder down the St James Road end.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ben watson has been sacked as manager of Barnstaple. He wasn't there long.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't we all. He used to s4!t himself in front of The Big Bank and then have a blinder down the St James Road end.
All Grecians have sh1t themselves in front of the Big Bank at one time or another - the only recent benefit is that facilities for clearing mess up have improved !

dontpassback

Andy woodman has done well to get Bromley up,but his time with us was a total wreck,and his snidey comments about us in his book,won’t be forgotten,!