• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seen a few of our former players are currently managing

Robbie Simpson at Chelmsford
Stuart Fleetwood at Swindon Supermarine
David Noble at Wealdstone

Danny Butterfield is assistant manager at Eastleigh, Ryan Harley assistant manager at Swansea

Mel Gwinnett at Hampton & Richmond

Any others?
Andy Woodman managing Bromley.
Jamie Cureton is coaching at Maldon & Tiptree.
Stuart Storer is managing Bedworth United.
Alan Gow is U18 manager at Airdrieonians.
Trevor Morgan is managing Australia U20s and is assistant manager of the Olympic U23 team.

Appreciate that the episode came out a while back, but I wasn't on Exeweb back then... but Daniel Nardiello speaks about his thoughts on City and the Devon Derby on his appearance on the Under The Cosh podcast co-hosted by Jon Parkin.

Available to watch on Youtube and I believe, other than Andy Woodman who also spoke about his time at City, Nardiello is one of the only former players that we've had make an appearance on that podcast and actually talk about the club.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Appreciate that the episode came out a while back, but I wasn't on Exeweb back then... but Daniel Nardiello speaks about his thoughts on City and the Devon Derby on his appearance on the Under The Cosh podcast co-hosted by Jon Parkin.

Available to watch on Youtube and I believe, other than Andy Woodman who also spoke about his time at City, Nardiello is one of the only former players that we've had make an appearance on that podcast and actually talk about the club.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always thought moving to Rotherham was a bit of a calculated risk on his part.
They’ve yo-yoed between the Championship and League One for several years now and although he’s had this season in the in the former they’ve made an awful fist of it this time around.
I suppose his decision to go there was also partly based on Matt Taylor being Manager (although that didn’t last very long) and a significantly increased wage packet.
It’s a pity how things have worked out so far but he can still make the most of it if he has the will to.
Whatever else we might think of Matt Taylor, one thing that stands out for me is the way he brought out the best in Nombe, Dieng & Brown as a group of players. Each of them has taken more or less significant steps backwards since they left City (doubtless for multiple reasons)...

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whatever else we might think of Matt Taylor, one thing that stands out for me is the way he brought out the best in Nombe, Dieng & Brown as a group of players. Each of them has taken more or less significant steps backwards since they left City (doubtless for multiple reasons)...
At the risk of reopening the "is it Caldwell or is it the players" debate, I always thought these three seemed to get on well and had a close bond. How much that had to do with MT we'll never really know...

STURTZ

At the risk of reopening the "is it Caldwell or is it the players" debate, I always thought these three seemed to get on well and had a close bond. How much that had to do with MT we'll never really know...
Could be some truth in this, I suppose you could argue that MT failed to get similar results from the players whilst managing Nombe at Rotherham or Jevani at Rovers.

jase 07

Andy Woodman managing Bromley.
Jamie Cureton is coaching at Maldon & Tiptree.
Stuart Storer is managing Bedworth United.
Alan Gow is U18 manager at Airdrieonians.
Trevor Morgan is managing Australia U20s and is assistant manager of the Olympic U23 team.
Nick Law is Head Coach at Tampa Bay Rowdies

Rosencrantz

Players who just wanted a bit of love and to be valued, especially Sam and Jevani. I think they thrived on the responsibility given to them as players and popularity with the fans.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alex Fisher has put Yeovil ahead at home to Chippenham.

Jordan Dyer has put Bath ahead at home to Hemel Hempstead.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sam Stubbs out injured still for Bradford #gooddecisionmadetolethimleave