• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
No it isn't, he's a striker.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Excellent. Still time to re-sign him then.

budegrecian

Everton complete the signing of Dacoure, from Watford, so expect them to increase their interest in Matt Grimes. We would get a decent solidarity payment if this happens.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
...... against Pym who was, almost certainly, entirely to blame.
Serc’s shot was from just outside the penalty area.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last year's loanee news (possibly) https://the72.co.uk/190829/blackpool-could-turn-to-ex-exeter-city-loanee-from-nottingham-forest/

What has happened to last year's Swindon squad, there are a couple of them in those recent Blackpool signings and we know Doyle has signed for Salford, straight back down for the Robins?
Doyle was signed by Bolton and has played two games so far EFL Cup at home to Bradford City which they lost 1-2 and EFL Trophy home to Crewe which they lost 2-3 and failed to get on the score sheet in either game

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I stand corrected, but i could be forgiven as there are so many clubs up around that area this year.

robchave

Some bloke called Watkins has signed for a Birmingham club for a nominal fee.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everton complete the signing of Dacoure, from Watford, so expect them to increase their interest in Matt Grimes. We would get a decent solidarity payment if this happens.
I am not sure that we will get anything from a sale as my understanding is that solidarity payments only apply to non-domestic cross boarder transfers. Whilst a transfer from Swansea to Watford is cross boarder, I am not sure whether it would be classed as a domestic transfer. If so, I think we get nothing. Fingers crossed my interpretation is wrong.

benjisheps

I am not sure that we will get anything from a sale as my understanding is that solidarity payments only apply to non-domestic cross boarder transfers. Whilst a transfer from Swansea to Watford is cross boarder, I am not sure whether it would be classed as a domestic transfer. If so, I think we get nothing. Fingers crossed my interpretation is wrong.
Martin
I’m not entirely sure how this works but I was messaging with Kieran McGuire who does ‘the price of football podcast’ and he is very clued up on all types of football finances and with the Watkins transfer he said that, “They (Exeter) should get the consolidation fee as that’s a separate issue to the sell on clause and a mandated payment”.
Again I have no clue what amount this would be but presume that it would apply to Grimes as well?