• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
It took a disputed penalty to earn the three points when home defender Jason Pearce's grapples with Jayden Stockley proved sufficient to make the North End striker stumble to the floor.
What a load of bo!!ocks. It was a penalty all day long and nothing to dispute about it .

Andy_H

What a load of bo!!ocks. It was a penalty all day long and nothing to dispute about it .
Please inform the BBC reporter at the game then.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Talksport commentator and his pundit Martin Allen agreed it was a stonewall penalty likening the foul to a rugby tackle. They also said no Charlton player protested.

andrew p long

The Talksport commentator and his pundit Martin Allen agreed it was a stonewall penalty likening the foul to a rugby tackle. They also said no Charlton player protested.
And similarly on Sky Sports coverage everyone thought it was a clear penalty.

Positive spin

Thought I would have a look at the BBC Sport report to see how Ollie got on in Brentford's defeat to Huddersfield and came across this comment from Brentford's manager.
"Refs must be much stronger in dealing with some of the elements of disrupting play that we see. I'm not saying that we will never do that, but you have to ask what kind of game we want"
Looks like the Cowley's are successfully instilling their miserable tactics on Huddersfield's and no doubt Championship 4th Officials are getting an earful from them.
How I miss them !

grecIAN Harris

Preston have had their first big blonde moment of the season.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jayden getting the plaudits for his performance last weekend.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just seen this about our Jamie..................................

budegrecian

What I particularly like about Jamie is his love of the game. I'm sure he doesn't need to keep playing financially; he just loves it & as a result fans of smaller clubs get to see a player of a quality they wouldn't normally see, even accepting that he is not as good as he once was.
That's something I miss a bit now with so many premiership players just 'retiring at the top' rather than drifting down through the pyramid. Matt Oakley bucked that trend, but he's the exception rather than the rule.

Andy_H

What I particularly like about Jamie is his love of the game. I'm sure he doesn't need to keep playing financially; he just loves it & as a result fans of smaller clubs get to see a player of a quality they wouldn't normally see, even accepting that he is not as good as he once was.
That's something I miss a bit now with so many premiership players just 'retiring at the top' rather than drifting down through the pyramid. Matt Oakley bucked that trend, but he's the exception rather than the rule.
Totally agree with you there, why can't more of them give something back to the game that gave them so much -[dosh]!