• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

dazzah

Block 136 row 3 come on you mighty grecians.......
I see on Facebook that Nicky Jennings has passed away, used to love watching him as a kid in the 1970's

denzil

I see on Facebook that Nicky Jennings has passed away, used to love watching him as a kid in the 1970's
Bad week for me first Dave Swarbrick then tricky City winger Nicky Jennings - so sad !

budegrecian

You and me both, I was a great fan of his as a youngster and genuinely sorry to hear this news.
Always remember that game v Halifax.
RIP Nicky

exile in wales

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very sad remember him well must surely only be in his early 60s.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A great winger..Signed from Portsmouth in 1974 & played 124 league games for the Grecians scoring 15 times..He retired from League football at the end of 77/78 & started a career as a Probation Officer..

A footnote.He was awarded a testimonial against Forest in Feb 1979 when the first £1m player Trevor Francis made his debut .That attracted a crowd of over 9,000 to SJP (Forest were reigning League Champions at the time)

dazzah

Block 136 row 3 come on you mighty grecians.......
Very sad remember him well must surely only be in his early 60s.
he was 70 years old

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Curo is job hunting according to his twitter

Jamie Cureton @JamieCuro
Landed back in the uk. Time to sort out where I'm going to be playing this season #football #job #goals
Jamie Cureton @JamieCuro
had some conversations but no offers yet

Last edited:

Terryhall

26 goals in 83 league games for Dag & Red since 2014 according to Wikipedia... 29 in 93 in all competitions. I'm sure he'll find somewhere but not wholly convinced that somewhere should be SJP sadly. Would be good to see him back as a fan favourite but he doesn't seem to be the force he once was and he'd be blocking the route to the first team for the likes of Reid and Jay...

davecg

Massive Curo fan so heart says yes, head says no.
Could do a job from the bench undoubtedly but with Reid, Wheeler, Taylor & Watkins all much younger options to support McAlinden or Simpson its just not an appropriate use of budget ;(