• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
40 years of watching City and you don't remember Andy Woodman?? Age and senality must be getting to you Mr Bond.
I think the point he made was that krysiak kept his place despite being crap, whereas woodman didn't last too long. I have to disagree though, krysiak is a decent L2 keeper and better than what we have now.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
A top top keeper the best I have seen in a city shirt for many years must be earning six figures now wont have to do much else after football if sensible :)
Certainly a top 'keeper - if only we still had him.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
John O'Flynn scored the only goal for Cork City in their win at Derry on Friday night, then limped off at half time.

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2014/08/16/derry-city-v-cork-city-match-report/

Well-known Exeweb poster
40 years of watching City and you don't remember Andy Woodman?? Age and senality must be getting to you Mr Bond.
greasy mate, we only had to put up with him 4 a few games and we got rid. But artur f d up regularly for 3 full seasons and still kept his place. unfriggin believable As far as i' m concerned yeovil are welcome to him.good riddence.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
greasy mate, we only had to put up with him 4 a few games and we got rid. But artur f d up regularly for 3 full seasons and still kept his place. unfriggin believable As far as i' m concerned yeovil are welcome to him.good riddence.
I don't think either of us will convince the other. As far as I am concerned he made mistakes but also earned us a lot of points, he definitely improved during the past two seasons IMO and if he was so bad he would have stayed in league two or dropped to the conference.

I haven't seen the goals yet but it was suggested that Pym was at fault for two of Saturdays goals. He will make mistakes as will any young keeper, he has my support but I feel it is unfair on him to have only competition from someone without a league appearance. I hope the gamble pays off but I don't see how anyone can claim it isn't a gamble. Even if you don't like Krysiak I hope you would agree that we ideally should have a keeper who has played league matches to compete with Pym.

Edward

Terryhall

^ Glad it's not Hayward, top news.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think either of us will convince the other. As far as I am concerned he made mistakes but also earned us a lot of points, he definitely improved during the past two seasons IMO and if he was so bad he would have stayed in league two or dropped to the conference.

I haven't seen the goals yet but it was suggested that Pym was at fault for two of Saturdays goals. He will make mistakes as will any young keeper, he has my support but I feel it is unfair on him to have only competition from someone without a league appearance. I hope the gamble pays off but I don't see how anyone can claim it isn't a gamble. Even if you don't like Krysiak I hope you would agree that we ideally should have a keeper who has played league matches to compete with Pym.
without wanting to rehash an old argu' i would hope to be able to say that at some point all goalkeepers made saves that saved .points after all its their job. and this aint about comparing artur to anyone else and i can take keepers being beat and out of postion missing x"s all part of the game always has been always will be. BUT artur consistently made bad judgement and unforced errors, and no I'm not gonna look them up, if ure honest u'll know for 3 full seasons, admittedly in the last season not quite so many But they were still v much there and i'm wondering if other clubs would be quite so ,,,supportive, as i've said over and over ive never seen a goalkeeper make so many calamitous erors and stay in the team, but there u go we'll c how.he does, if he's as good as everybody thinks he'll soon b in yeovils first 11,, but atm he aint ,so judge 4 yourself

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think you are right that we will have to wait and see how he does at Yeovil. I don't find it a surprise that he hasn't immediately become first choice as a lot of clubs try to have two experienced keepers to compete with each other, this is why it concerns me that we have a first choice who has played 12 times and the only other option has only sat on a bench at this level.

In our relegation season I wouldn't have fully supported krysiak as a number one, he made a lot of mistakes that season but don't think Pidgeley did any better. In the past two season we have had a number of problems but apart from a poor start in the first season the keeping situation was a way down the list of things we needed to sort IMO.

grecIAN Harris

And in those four games he made an entire careers worth of mistakes. And why was he only made four appearances? Because he got sent off in two of them.