• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Stelios

Saw Craig Woodman in South Molton Sainsbury’s yesterday lunchtime, in work/trade wear.
Carpenter?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Up to you our glorious leader - I thought we had first dibs on Milli Alli !
I have made the pitch

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dieng scored the only goal of the game for Gillingham at Mansfield (for whom Pym, Boateng and Nichols all started).

ryancooper327

Randall scores against Rovers

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Josh Key gets an assist for Swansea. Sadly it helps Argyle.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given my understanding that Ryan & family have never left Devon could he make a return next season ?
I do hope not

Number13

What makes you think a player who barerly plays for a team lower than ourselves would be of interest to Gary
Was only thinking this morning that a "Ryan Bowman type" is exactly the type of striker we need. I'm not sure we are going to sign a 20 goal a season pure striker - indeed (and someone will find another) in the last 25 years we have only had Cureton, Devine and Stockley who fitted that bill

What we need is a focal point type front man who we can play up to and off of and who can be in the box for crosses. It was really noticeable at Orient that we had no focal point as Aitchison was up there nomianlly as our "forward" and we got in good positions to cross or play into an attacking area and there was nobody there

I'm not saying "sign Ryan Bowman" before anyone shoots me down, I'm saying that type of forward would be a good signing with goals around him from Harris (hopefully), Cole and Mitchell (hopefully)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was only thinking this morning that a "Ryan Bowman type" is exactly the type of striker we need. I'm not sure we are going to sign a 20 goal a season pure striker - indeed (and someone will find another) in the last 25 years we have only had Cureton, Devine and Stockley who fitted that bill

What we need is a focal point type front man who we can play up to and off of and who can be in the box for crosses. It was really noticeable at Orient that we had no focal point as Aitchison was up there nomianlly as our "forward" and we got in good positions to cross or play into an attacking area and there was nobody there

I'm not saying "sign Ryan Bowman" before anyone shoots me down, I'm saying that type of forward would be a good signing with goals around him from Harris (hopefully), Cole and Mitchell (hopefully)
I'm not sure that a Ryan Bowman type is needed myself. Nombe was an upgrade on Bowman based on players of a similar profile - run the channels, work the oppositions back line, contribute with some goals. Whilst they are admirable qualities I'm not sure in this set up it's necessary.

I think the number 9 GC wants is someone with a physical presence but I don't think there's the requirement to chase the ball down in wide areas. Good football brain, the strength to hold the ball up and bring the 10s into the game and an ability to score goals is what's needed most. Easier said than done.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think the number 9 GC wants is someone with a physical presence but I don't think there's the requirement to chase the ball down in wide areas. Good football brain, the strength to hold the ball up and bring the 10s into the game and an ability to score goals is what's needed most. Easier said than done.
And pretty much exactly what James Scott ought to have offered, obviously that didn't work out.

Exehausted

And pretty much exactly what James Scott ought to have offered, obviously that didn't work out.
From the little of what I've seen, Milli Alli is just what we have been crying out for all season. Good movement in and around the box and good on the ball. Find another couple from non League like him and we would look really strong up front for next season. Of course it's never that easy, but given the success we've had with 3 players from non league this season, Harper, Cole and Alli, it's the area I would be looking at again.